Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2007, 04:45 AM

77 posts, read 405,048 times

Advertisements

I am having a problem with our subcontractor for the granite in our kitchen...does anyone know of a really good granite installer that is open on Saturdays or at least one day in the evening? Ours works 9-5 M-F just like I do AND they are poor at returning calls. I would like to find someone who has better customer service AND does a great job. Thanks!!

Old 06-20-2007, 06:09 AM

70 posts, read 350,356 times
try charlotte.craigslist.org

go to services
skilled trade
search

Old 06-20-2007, 06:54 AM

85 posts, read 281,733 times
Where are you located...I would NOT advise separating the material and labor portions...if there is a problem it will be a fiasco of finger pointing...most reputable granite companies will only have open shop by request on the weekends or after hours...I use several...one piece of advice: ALWAYS select your material and purchase it immediately...natural materials are unique and obviously cannot be duplicated.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:11 PM

7 posts, read 19,372 times
We so very luckily found what has to be the best granite company owned by the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet! Installation was flawless, their tile guy was great and the after service care is unbelievable. Ours was installed mid April and today I called to tell them the light switch plates did not seem to be fitting over the new tile correctly. Literally 10 minutes later the installer was on the phone making an appt. for Friday to come and fix what may or may not be a problem. When picking the granite Bo took me to the distributor and we looked and looked and looked! Finally I found a Brazillian granite that I loved, well, the first piece at least. The second to fifth slabs had too much black so Bo made sure we were looking at the same lot as the first (we were not) so he asked the slab mover guy to keep on moving them (guy was not happy) till we found three pieces I liked. Would reccomend them to anyone/everyone. Co. name is Stone-n-Counters in Charlotte (we live in Denver which was no problem for them). Owner and truly great guy is Bo Brown and their number is 704/332-9080 for the showroom and 704/521-2721 for the factory. Oh, almost forgot, Bo also took me to their factory and showed me how everything is cut and done!

Old 06-22-2007, 02:24 PM

348 posts, read 430,637 times
Stone Connection is open on Saturday's until 2---you can google 'em to get the address. I'm going there tomorrow myself. LOL!

Old 06-22-2007, 05:43 PM

876 posts, read 3,794,554 times
what are you guys paying installed per sqft of granite? Lowes and HD want way too much.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:39 PM

THAT all depends on which granite you choose. Some are cheaper than others. In the case of HD and Lowe's, you're paying a middleman, too. I also think you get very limited selection.

There's a number of granite shops around here where you can do better than HD and get a much better selection.

But, on average, you should expect $50/sq when it comes to granite.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:43 PM

876 posts, read 3,794,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaf View Post

But, on average, you should expect $50/sq when it comes to granite.
We were looking for some options for our investment condo we have. I priced out Uba Tuba which was the lowest priced granite selection they had, and it was in the mid $60s, which I thought was absurd.

I had 90sqft of granite installed in my kitchen in FL and paid $4500, but that was for Ocean Green granite with an OG cut, nice stuff.

Our kitchen in our main home in NC has Tropic Brown (I think?) but that was part of our choices when we had the house built, so I dont know what it cost...

Old 06-23-2007, 06:14 AM

Yeah, Uba Tuba is one of those real common granite's. I would think that would be $50/sq easy. What I've discovered in Charlotte, is that there are a number of fabricators and most of them have lots of manual labor to polish the stone, cut, etc. I found Cassano, and they are a completely computerized/automated shop--so that cuts down on the costs as they can just zip through the work. Therefore, the price of the granite goes down a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte