Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2007, 01:25 PM

32 posts, read 91,095 times

Advertisements

I was down in charlotte in May looking for a DSD (direct store delivery) job. I went to several companies,such as pepsi, bealer, coke, etc. and had varying degrees of success. I was offered interviews right away,i never heard back from them though. I was also offered interviews months afterward.

I know this is a very "who you know" industry. Usually the companies are limited to a specific area. For example, Cheerwine is a carolina product. The company i work for has service there, but not a full-fledged operation.

What I was wondering is, does anyone have any leads in this field that they would be willing to share with me? We are looking to move in August next year and I would like to have something lined up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 01:36 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,432,819 times
Do you have a CDL? If so, try US Foodservice.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:56 PM

928 posts, read 3,853,250 times
I second Groove 1 - you need a special truck license to work for Coke Cola, often their delivery drivers are sales people also. Take a look at Choice Beverages in Gastonia, they make Cheer Wine, they are on Franklin Blvd.

I'm not sure about Pepsi which is head quatered in New BErn, NC and COCA COla which is CCBCC - Coca Cola Bottling Company Consolidated, not part of Coca Cola USA in Atlanta Georgia.

I'm not sure what other products need deliveries.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:00 PM

there's a variety of beer and wine dist., i have the names of a few, there's bealer (budwiser), one for miller and a few others, there's mutual dist., frito-lay,lance foods,i misplaced my list,so those are the only one's i can think of off the top of my head.

i currently do not have my cdl-a, although i suppose with what i've read about the lack of people with that endorsement,it may not be a bad thing to invest in.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:12 PM

928 posts, read 3,853,250 times
If you can get an employer to pay for your CDL I'd try that route if possible.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:50 AM

Pepsi has a bottling plant on South Blvd and some of their positions you do not need a CDL.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:26 PM

groove,do you know anyone there? because i actually interviewed with them. the whole process was very confusing though.

see,i applied online,as they tell you to do. then,i got an email saying they wanted me to take a survey. after that,i was told i was eligible to move on in the next step,which would be a phone interview with someone not even in charlotte. it was the same questions as the survey. i was then told i was eligible to move on and get a face to face interview,check your email and pick a time from the list. it was wednesday and i picked a time on friday to go in.

friday morning rolls around and i get a call that the person i was supposed to interview with wouldn't be in today and i needed to reschedule for tuesday. this was a problem,because my flight was leaving saturday morning. i live in albany,ny right now. i change my flight for wednesday morning and agree to come in tuesday. tuesday comes and i meet with the gentleman i was supposed to, we talk about the job and i go.

the interviewer told me that he has to send the info off to his company somewhere no where near charlotte and they have to review it. once they do,they'll make a hiring decision. i have two years experience with this exact line of work for a very reputable private company,so i assume i'm in.

i call the 800 number that i was told to so that i can check on the status of my application and they don't have any info. in fact, i'm asked if i even went for my interview. i said yes,i did and explained to them what i just explained to you. after weeks of calling i finally get someone who understands what i'm trying explain. i called for a few more weeks and never got anything more than "they're still reviewing your information." so i gave up. this was in may.

fast forward to august,i get another email saying they'd like to interview me!

so,i don't know what to do with them. i would love to work for pepsi, but it seems like an impossible maze to get through.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:15 PM

I dont know anyone directly there. My coworkers husband delivers for them. The place they send your info to was in all likelihood their corp. office, which is in Purchase, NY, not all too far from Albany. Sounds like there was a computer error or someone dropped the ball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte