Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 07:47 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,813,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I just moved here a week back, and am having the same problem. I'd always like to have some emergency cash on hand but the nearest ATM is in NE Atlanta. Can someone tell me what to do for drawing cash or depositing cheques ?
I would call your bank and ask. See if they have that app that allows you to take photos of checks to deposit. Also see if they have a relationship with another bank where you can use their atm without incurring fees. But you can get cash back at many stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 08:23 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,956,338 times
Quote:
I just moved here a week back, and am having the same problem. I'd always like to have some emergency cash on hand but the nearest ATM is in NE Atlanta. Can someone tell me what to do for drawing cash or depositing cheques ?
I'd open an account here and utilize direct deposit if you can. Have some money put in both accounts so you can get some out if needed.You should also be able to use your ATM card and other banks though there is usually a fee involved.

Old 06-14-2015, 08:50 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
I'd open an account here and utilize direct deposit if you can. Have some money put in both accounts so you can get some out if needed.You should also be able to use your ATM card and other banks though there is usually a fee involved.
Yes, there is a $2.50 fee. I'm here temporarily for work related reasons. I'll go back in 2 months. This is the first time I'm in a city without Chase. It made me aware of the fact that chase banks are not present universally, which is something I'll have to look into if I'm moving to a non Chase city for extended periods of time. Anyways, I called up Chase and they said the transaction fee can be waived by request if it has an impact on my budget.

I'm in Pineville, and checked for banks in NC and SC. No success in either state.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 06-14-2015 at 09:03 AM..

Old 06-14-2015, 04:01 PM

162 posts, read 213,058 times
Some banks, such as Fidelity, refund all ATM fees charged. I've used ATMs around the world with my Fidelity debit card and not been charged a single fee.

Plus, if you're international, it is the easiest and cheapest (best exchange rates) way of getting local currency.

Look into getting something like this. Its offered by most "internet" banks that don't have any/many physical locations but are still 100% legitimate banks.

Old 06-15-2015, 05:56 AM

653 posts, read 781,365 times
I had the same issue when I moved to Charlotte from NYC six months ago. I opted to open my checking and savings account with Wells Fargo while I was still in NY. That way, by the time we made the move, I didn't have to deal with any banking issues. It's been great for me. There are a lot of Wells Fargo branches all over.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:01 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,376,202 times
Quote:
Any reason you don't want to open a local account?

One alternative for getting cash is to use the cashback feature at stores. Checks can be mailed in for deposit.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:46 AM

37 posts, read 48,445 times
Count me in as another Chase customer who now lives in Charlotte. I opened an account at Bank of America and just move money from Chase to B of A on payday. Direct deposit and everything still goes into my Chase account.

Funny thing - so far, the branch experience at B of A is far superior to that of Chase and the ATM experience is about the same... Really no down side, other than two accounts...

Old 06-16-2015, 08:41 AM

743 posts, read 825,242 times
My wife & I both travel a lot for business & personal reasons , we bank almost exclusively thru our credit union but a couple years ago we opened a account thru Wal Mart that allows us to get cash without fees just about anywhere in the US .

Old 01-13-2020, 08:10 AM

3 posts, read 995 times
Chase has a new branch open in Chapel Hill, and one is coming to Raleigh early this year. Three are planned for 2020 in Charlotte. The Charlotte area will eventually have 21 Chase branches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte