Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2010, 04:49 PM

20 posts, read 25,809 times

Advertisements

Yes, hello been doing some serious relocating research on this site in the area. We had just returned from a visit in Concord. We are focused in the Mooresville area (east of 77) and within the graded school district.
Anybody know of subdivisions of new roads with 1+ acre lots for new homes. within the MGSD.

We are going to be moving from LI, NY. 2 kids, 6 & 3 yr olds.
Work not really worried about yet, got pension.
looking to spend $350,000 area for new home, but flexible.

WOuld love some any ideas, thanks. KEvin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 10:56 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,466,964 times
There is Ashlyn Creek, directly across the road from the Mooresville Middle School. Niblock homes and DR Horton are building in there now with Niblock being the more custom, smaller builder that has built quality homes/developments in the past that have held up well in terms of construction and value. Not sure they have any lots currently divided up at an acre size though, but I'm sure you could contact them to see.

Also, out 150 is Northbridge which looks very nice from the drive-thru I did. Several homes going up in that neighborhood currently. Again, not sure about the lot sizes though. M/I Homes is the developer there.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:01 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,380,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
There is Ashlyn Creek, directly across the road from the Mooresville Middle School. Niblock homes and DR Horton are building in there now with Niblock being the more custom, smaller builder that has built quality homes/developments in the past that have held up well in terms of construction and value. Not sure they have any lots currently divided up at an acre size though, but I'm sure you could contact them to see.

Also, out 150 is Northbridge which looks very nice from the drive-thru I did. Several homes going up in that neighborhood currently. Again, not sure about the lot sizes though. M/I Homes is the developer there.

Hope this helps.
Both of these developements are subdivisions that will have an HOA. You can always inquire about purchasing a double lot. FYI, if you do buy a double lot in a subdivision, make sure it's deeded as 1 lot only. If not, you can be charged a double HOA fee & it might limit what can be built on the 2nd lot (the one the house will be built on).

Old 07-19-2010, 07:48 AM

20 posts, read 25,809 times
Thanks for the info, didn't think about the double lot thing, that might be a possiblity. Regarding the HOA fees, don't realyy care for or against, either I cut my grass or they do it, it's a time vs money thing for me,lol.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:32 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,380,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firentheft View Post
Thanks for the info, didn't think about the double lot thing, that might be a possiblity. Regarding the HOA fees, don't realyy care for or against, either I cut my grass or they do it, it's a time vs money thing for me,lol.
Yea...HOA's...some are good (like mine) & some are a real nightmare. Believe me, I've heard of HOA cutting someones lawn because it was too high & then sending them a ridiculous bill for it. About the double lot thing & deeding...I have a neighbor that lives on a double lot. He wants to build a pool. Can't do it until he gets the property deeded as a single lot. The builder had already set it up for all the proper utility connections, but the town declared the lot too small to build a house on it (and it's an end lot). Since the house next door to that lot already had a home on it, they offered it to the home buyer at a reduced rate. She never got it deeded as 1 lot, now the new owners have to do it if they want to put a pool in. Just an FYI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte