Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2010, 09:13 AM

3 posts, read 3,863 times

Advertisements

I am a recent college grad for Marketing and Accounting. I am looking for a new city to start a new life. If you could help with both pros and cons of the city and good neighborhood to find an apartment.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 02:59 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,022,305 times
Sorry to say, but describing pros and cons of any city can be relative to the individual person with the exception of one great big con - high unemployment rate.

Without knowing what you're looking for, no one can answer if Charlotte would fit your lifestyle.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:06 PM

24 posts, read 40,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janlee9986 View Post
I am a recent college grad for Marketing and Accounting. I am looking for a new city to start a new life. If you could help with both pros and cons of the city and good neighborhood to find an apartment.

Thanks

I think that that after reading many of the posts on this site and in this forum the general consensus is that you should find a job prior to moving unless if you have enough money to live on for several months or even a year. At times as I read, it seemed discouraging or that some people are trying to discourage other folks from coming to Charlotte, and certainly coming without a job, but if one is to be realistic, you'll realize that whatever the motives are, they are absolutely correct. The job market around certain parts of the country is extremely difficult, but Charlotte, seems especially bad. I personally have been trying to find a job prior to leaving the concrete jungle of New York city, (I hate it here in NYC) but I have to be smart and leave only if I have a job lined up. I know of someone that I used to work with who got laid off here in NY both she and her husband were unemployed and they moved down to Raleigh in May of 09. She told me that her husband just found a job in May of this year (2010) and she has yet to find a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: