Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 01:39 PM

224 posts, read 458,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Drop the service.
Agreed! See if you have AT&T Uverse in your area.
It's fiber optic and great both for TV and for your Internet access.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 01:53 PM

972 posts, read 2,444,773 times
Our billing period didn't change. Its still from the first to the last of the next month. But, we have always been on automatic payments, so that might be the difference.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:56 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
Yes, they do send bills every month. If you're not receiving them, sign up for e-bill so that you get an email when the bill is created - I just received my notice literally 35 mins ago. If you don't want to sign up for e-bill, take it up with your mail carrier for not getting your mail. Think mail carriers don't make mistakes? Mine dropped of my online ordered dog meds ($90) 2 streets away from me. I would've never known and assumed the vendor didn't send them out correctly had the wonderful person who dropped them off to my house not done so.

OP -- did you recently have any changes made? Upgrade your service? Have any new lines run at cost to you? Anything different from last month to this month on your TW service? Where you on a promo that may have expired?

TW bills a month in advance. If you have a change made to your service during the month, they have to bill the difference in cost the following month because they've already billed you for your current month, and the next bill will reflect prorated dates from the date of change to the last day of last month's bill cycle, plus the current bill cycle.
I have the online bill pay with TWC. The bill didn't even show up online until Friday, which was the same day I got the bill, and 3 days after the bill was due. I moved two months ago and switched services, but all those charges were on the last bill. I'm thinking it has something to do with the fact that they disconnected my internet two weeks ago, so reconnecting it might have changed something with my bills. Of course since this was their fault, they don't want to say that my billing also got messed up because of this. The previous tenant to where I am now living waited 2 months to cancel their TWC services. So when that was canceled they didn't bother looking to see if someone else now had service at that address and just sent someone out to shut all the services off from the outside. I wish I could just cancel the service, but I need the internet.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:16 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,022,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I have the online bill pay with TWC. The bill didn't even show up online until Friday, which was the same day I got the bill, and 3 days after the bill was due. I moved two months ago and switched services, but all those charges were on the last bill. I'm thinking it has something to do with the fact that they disconnected my internet two weeks ago, so reconnecting it might have changed something with my bills. Of course since this was their fault, they don't want to say that my billing also got messed up because of this. The previous tenant to where I am now living waited 2 months to cancel their TWC services. So when that was canceled they didn't bother looking to see if someone else now had service at that address and just sent someone out to shut all the services off from the outside. I wish I could just cancel the service, but I need the internet.
Sending you a PM.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:12 PM

387 posts, read 616,597 times
[quote=Sundaydrive00;15172608]I received my latest Time Warner bill today (7/23). I noticed the payment date was 7/20. My online account was not even showing my new bill yet, so I decided to call their customer service. The first person I talked to claimed I didn't pay my last bill so this was just the money I owed them, and thats why it why I needed to pay my bill earlier then normal......

Time warner is out to fleece money. Its nothing short of pick pocketing. And the reason I say that is I had the "joy" of dealing with them "thrice".

First time: It was about non receipt of a modem that I had mailed out to their Arrow Road address. "Luckily" I had saved the receipt. Because everyone from the first person on the phone to their supervisor and the innumerable "departments" refused to confirm they have received the package.

Second Time: They have monopoly in certain areas and thus I could not avoid dealing with them after moving into a new apartment. Same saga, same reason except this time I was 15 days late in returning the equipment.

Third Time: Same reason. Again this time I had saved the receipt but it took them 3 months to confirm they are at fault. This time it gets real funny. I returned the equipment and maintained a diary of names for all those individuals that I talked to along with dates and times. Now I have a receipt of delivery, an "email from a supervisor at Time Warner" that confirmed they have received the modem. "Yet" they keep chasing me for 2 months for money not received. I was at my wits end trying to explain that at each call I received from one of them I had faxed them a copy of the email and receipt!!!!!!!

Inept, shameless and an absolute chaos is what describes the Thuggery called Times Warner Charlotte operation. Insensitive folks who want to steal money from people by harassing them.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:24 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,022,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingon View Post
First time: It was about non receipt of a modem that I had mailed out to their Arrow Road address. "Luckily" I had saved the receipt. Because everyone from the first person on the phone to their supervisor and the innumerable "departments" refused to confirm they have received the package.
That's because they probably didn't handle the mail, so they personally didn't receive the equipment back. When you send equipment through the mail, just like any other company who has a lot coming in every day, it can take time to process - and the people on the phone are not the people processing the incoming mail. If you want the equipment removed faster, drop it off at a lobby location. It comes off immediately at that time.

TWC is no more a monopoly than AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, etc. I agree that they do not run a perfect ship, but sometimes there is a little responsibility on the customer's side as well.

Second Time: They have monopoly in certain areas and thus I could not avoid dealing with them after moving into a new apartment. Same saga, same reason except this time I was 15 days late in returning the equipment.
TW's billing system is set up to immediately bill for the equipment charges upon disconnect if the equipment is not removed with the disconnect order. Again, if you mailed the equipment, expect a longer delay for the equipment charges to come off.

Third Time: Same reason. Again this time I had saved the receipt but it took them 3 months to confirm they are at fault. This time it gets real funny. I returned the equipment and maintained a diary of names for all those individuals that I talked to along with dates and times. Now I have a receipt of delivery, an "email from a supervisor at Time Warner" that confirmed they have received the modem. "Yet" they keep chasing me for 2 months for money not received. I was at my wits end trying to explain that at each call I received from one of them I had faxed them a copy of the email and receipt!!!!!!!
You took 3 months to return the equipment. They have every right to bill you until it is returned. If the account was sent to a collection agency by the 3mth mark, which is most likely was, then it was the collection agency that was not updating your records, not TWC.

Inept, shameless and an absolute chaos is what describes the Thuggery called Times Warner Charlotte operation. Insensitive folks who want to steal money from people by harassing them.
Just a couple thoughts.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:49 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,716,167 times
I have always found the Timer Warner billing confusing, especially if you add/change services during the month. However, I have also found that in the end it all works out and what they do (eventually) is fair. Sometimes it takes a few billing cycles to work out.

My advice would be to wait a few more billing cycles and I would bet they somehow credit your account. If not, then you can call them and ask why you were double billed for two weeks.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:49 PM

387 posts, read 616,597 times
chance2jump

That's because they probably didn't handle the mail, so they personally didn't receive the equipment back. When you send equipment through the mail, just like any other company who has a lot coming in every day, it can take time to process - and the people on the phone are not the people processing the incoming mail. If you want the equipment removed faster, drop it off at a lobby location. It comes off immediately at that time.

If TWC handles sales promotion, installation, servicing, billing and chasing....then please handle the mail as well. Or close down the 'harassement' division. Take a pick

TW's billing system is set up to immediately bill for the equipment charges upon disconnect if the equipment is not removed with the disconnect order. Again, if you mailed the equipment, expect a longer delay for the equipment charges to come off.

Customer's responsibility is to mail the equipment. Once a receipt has been faxed TW can send an intimation to 'harassment' dept to shut their traps and not pester people. Or does TW expect people who have relocated to the other end of the country to personally come in and hand in the equipment!!!

You took 3 months to return the equipment. They have every right to bill you until it is returned. If the account was sent to a collection agency by the 3mth mark, which is most likely was, then it was the collection agency that was not updating your records, not TWC.

Which part of my statement made you think I was late 3 months returning the equipment!!!!

1. TWC has a grossly inefficient process that needs to be redesigned to address issues from online submission to actual collection. (And no nonsense about work being outsourced to different companies is the culprit, its your brand so its your mess...deal with it)
2. Data - details of customer, disconnect notice, mail received, accounts and 'harassment' dept need to get the same data feed realtime. (Everytime you get an equipment that is returned, please have a bar code scanner handy that helps updating the records "Realtime" and keep those in the 'harassment' dept on a tight "leash")
3. "Once" a customer faxes "proof" of equipment returned. Communicate to accounts dept and "harassment" dept. Let them know this is our collective ***t and we now need to deal with it within TWC.....the customer has done their job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: