Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 06:56 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times

Advertisements

I received my latest Time Warner bill today (7/23). I noticed the payment date was 7/20. My online account was not even showing my new bill yet, so I decided to call their customer service. The first person I talked to claimed I didn't pay my last bill so this was just the money I owed them, and thats why it why I needed to pay my bill earlier then normal. I explained that I did in fact pay my last bill, and even checked my bank statement to confirm this. While looking at my last bill and this one I noticed that the billing dates conflict. My last billing period went through 7/24, while the new one had a billing period from 7/07-8/06. I asked why I was being charged for the same weeks twice, and was again told something about not paying my bill. I was then transferred to the supervisor. The supervisor then told me that they recently changed their payment due date to the 20th of each month from the 7th. Because of this some dates would be charged twice. This was not a mistake, and my bill would not be changing. The amount on the bill is the amount I owe regardless of the fact that I already payed on some of the weeks. Besides calling their customer service line, who else can I talk to and get this problem resolved? And since the supervisor claimed this was happening to all of their customers then that must mean someone else is also having this problem. But I just cannot see this being something they could just go ahead and overcharge all of their customers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 08:13 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,362,410 times
Maybe because they charge for the month ahead they think that they can change the billing date within that month and it would not matter.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:15 PM

2 posts, read 6,981 times
Time Warner is the worst.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:48 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,221,381 times
as much as I don't like time warner, they are typically pretty good about billing, but it can be complicated especially when things change. Otherwise, what I would do is call back during the middle of the week and try and new person to walk you through the bill. Otherwise, if they did try to charge you twice for the same period, it's illegal.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:10 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,959,040 times
Duke Energy just recently did the same thing.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:35 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,041,759 times
Sometimes, they don't send a bill for a couple of months, then, start blowing up your phone hollering that you are late.

I now have them programmed to be paid on my automatic bill pay system. That way, even if I don't get a bill, they are paid anyway.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:45 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
ditto to what cc said....put whatever you can on automatic payment and always check periodically to make sure everything is going smooth.....

Old 07-24-2010, 10:51 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
ditto to what cc said....put whatever you can on automatic payment and always check periodically to make sure everything is going smooth.....
I have no problem paying my bill on time, and having the automatic bill pay wouldn't help in my situation. I am more concerned with them overcharging me and saying that they're allowed to do so since the billing period is being switched.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:14 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,959,040 times
Drop the service.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:17 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,021,045 times
Yes, they do send bills every month. If you're not receiving them, sign up for e-bill so that you get an email when the bill is created - I just received my notice literally 35 mins ago. If you don't want to sign up for e-bill, take it up with your mail carrier for not getting your mail. Think mail carriers don't make mistakes? Mine dropped of my online ordered dog meds ($90) 2 streets away from me. I would've never known and assumed the vendor didn't send them out correctly had the wonderful person who dropped them off to my house not done so.

OP -- did you recently have any changes made? Upgrade your service? Have any new lines run at cost to you? Anything different from last month to this month on your TW service? Where you on a promo that may have expired?

TW bills a month in advance. If you have a change made to your service during the month, they have to bill the difference in cost the following month because they've already billed you for your current month, and the next bill will reflect prorated dates from the date of change to the last day of last month's bill cycle, plus the current bill cycle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: