Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 08:35 PM

295 posts, read 1,299,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
As of today, there are 3 inventory homes left in Harris Village...2 of them are at the $300K or less price range & the 3rd is $349K & it has a basement. We do have a community pool & an HOA. Anniston is a beautiful, upper-end subdivision. There's 3 different builders in there & I know Niblock is one of them. Niblock is also getting ready to start building another subdivision similar to Harris Village on Kistler Farm Rd across the street from the school.

According to the sales rep at Lennar Homes, they should have info on their new subdivision, Harris Crossing, by the end of July. That's on rte 3 next to Harris Village.

Linwood Farms is very nice, but their lots are going fast. They've started selling the model homes & should be finished by the end of the year.

I spoke with someone the other day in LF that just had a pool put in. He said the pool company had been to Curtis Pond to put in a pool & had to stop. The client's yard caved in due to the landfill that was in their backyard. Phases 2,3 & 4 are still having issues there, it's a mess.

BxRosie
Yeah, sorry if it was the wrong range. I just knew that Niblock was one of the builders in Anniston (as are Bluto and WG Edwards). Niblock, as mentioned, also builds in Harris Village and other communities I considered similar to Curtis Pond so I thought Anniston might be do-able. Good luck. For what its worth, I'll vouch for Niblock as they were the company I would have built with in Anniston. It was a relatively close 2nd to the company and neighborhood I eventually signed up with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 07:38 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,385,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samohtal View Post
Yeah, sorry if it was the wrong range. I just knew that Niblock was one of the builders in Anniston (as are Bluto and WG Edwards). Niblock, as mentioned, also builds in Harris Village and other communities I considered similar to Curtis Pond so I thought Anniston might be do-able. Good luck. For what its worth, I'll vouch for Niblock as they were the company I would have built with in Anniston. It was a relatively close 2nd to the company and neighborhood I eventually signed up with.
Comparing Curtis Pond to Harris Village is like comparing apples to oranges. CP will be 4+ times larger than HV when it's completed (if ever with all the problems they're having). We considered building in CP (loved the Bryant model), wound up in HV instead & are very happy there. I would recommend Niblock Homes to anyone...we feel we definitely got value for our $$ by building with them & a beautiful home (even if it has a ski slope for a driveway!) LOL!!

BxRosie

Old 01-10-2011, 12:36 PM

2 posts, read 8,144 times
Curtis Pond was built on an old farm with natural rolling hills. There is no landfill here. Linwood Farms has pre-built walls in their homes. Also, Linwoods big home is 2000 sf compared to Curtis Ponds 3100 sf models.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:35 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,385,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodinthehood View Post
Curtis Pond was built on an old farm with natural rolling hills. There is no landfill here. Linwood Farms has pre-built walls in their homes. Also, Linwoods big home is 2000 sf compared to Curtis Ponds 3100 sf models.
My cousin's home in Linwood Farms is 3196 SF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte