Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 09:26 AM

9 posts, read 47,883 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what is the deal with Curtis Pond sub in Mooresville? Is it going to be a problem trying to get amenties advertised...pool,walking trail,etc? It seems like no one wants to be honest when I look for answers. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 12:15 PM

462 posts, read 1,843,331 times
Don't know anything about it, but a quick google search brought this up and it seems as if there is at least a pool and playground.
Curtis Pond HOA

Old 06-25-2007, 01:14 PM

21 posts, read 70,277 times
I was just there last week and was told that the issue is settled and here's how. Phase 1 has its own pool. Phases 2,3 & 4 cannot use this pool ,but, the pool for phases 2,3&4 will be ready for 2008. We were also given this in writing when we looked at the models. A copy of it can be found on curtispondhoa.com. PS - we loved the Hamilton and if we can sell our house we will buy in Curtis Pond.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:23 PM

9 posts, read 47,883 times
We were looking over mem wknd and they said it was settled then...we got home checked out the website and they had banned phases 2,3,4 for the summer after a pool party for everyone June 8th. The rest of the phases are using an empty lot to play in from what i hear. Oh, and they can't even use the walking trails now, what???

Old 07-16-2007, 10:36 AM

5 posts, read 20,712 times
Any other developments around Curtis Pond worth looking at?

Old 07-16-2007, 12:55 PM

11 posts, read 66,184 times
Linwood Farms by Ryland Homes!

Old 07-16-2007, 01:32 PM

295 posts, read 1,297,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houser View Post
Any other developments around Curtis Pond worth looking at?
Depending on if you were looking at the upper end of Curtis Pond, you might consider Anniston off of Shearer's Road near Prezbyterian. Its a beautiful development that was my 2nd favorite option to where I did eventually purchase. Entry price is probably around $500k, but all the lots are right around 1 acre - some more some less. Its more private & wooded. There is an HOA there despite no plans for a community clubhouse, pool, soccer fields, tennis courts, or those kinds of things. I think all they have is a walking trail and common area maintenance, but it really was a beautiful setup - with tall, mature trees, etc.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:46 PM

50 posts, read 183,669 times
I think Keystone is the builder of that neighborhood. We bought a keystone home in Steele Creek in 01 and actually sold it for a loss 2 years later. The building experience with John Wieland has been night and day.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:37 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,953,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samohtal View Post
Depending on if you were looking at the upper end of Curtis Pond, you might consider Anniston off of Shearer's Road near Prezbyterian. Its a beautiful development that was my 2nd favorite option to where I did eventually purchase. Entry price is probably around $500k, but all the lots are right around 1 acre - some more some less. Its more private & wooded. There is an HOA there despite no plans for a community clubhouse, pool, soccer fields, tennis courts, or those kinds of things. I think all they have is a walking trail and common area maintenance, but it really was a beautiful setup - with tall, mature trees, etc.

500K is a far cry from Curtis Ponds 200K. Anniston is nice though but for a wayyyy upper end.

Bennigton over that way is also a good alternative to Curtis Pond as well as Linwood Farms and Harris Village.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:24 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,377,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
500K is a far cry from Curtis Ponds 200K. Anniston is nice though but for a wayyyy upper end.

Bennigton over that way is also a good alternative to Curtis Pond as well as Linwood Farms and Harris Village.
As of today, there are 3 inventory homes left in Harris Village...2 of them are at the $300K or less price range & the 3rd is $349K & it has a basement. We do have a community pool & an HOA. Anniston is a beautiful, upper-end subdivision. There's 3 different builders in there & I know Niblock is one of them. Niblock is also getting ready to start building another subdivision similar to Harris Village on Kistler Farm Rd across the street from the school.

According to the sales rep at Lennar Homes, they should have info on their new subdivision, Harris Crossing, by the end of July. That's on rte 3 next to Harris Village.

Linwood Farms is very nice, but their lots are going fast. They've started selling the model homes & should be finished by the end of the year.

I spoke with someone the other day in LF that just had a pool put in. He said the pool company had been to Curtis Pond to put in a pool & had to stop. The client's yard caved in due to the landfill that was in their backyard. Phases 2,3 & 4 are still having issues there, it's a mess.

BxRosie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte