Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 08:36 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,916,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBGNCSU05 View Post
What do you define as "cheap"?

Also, please define "less sophisticated." Huntersville isn't exactly the cultural center of the Universe.
Goodness, I did not even catch that in the original post! "Less sophisticated"....LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 10:59 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,716,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBGNCSU05 View Post
What do you define as "cheap"?

Also, please define "less sophisticated." Huntersville isn't exactly the cultural center of the Universe.

LOL Good point.

I guess what I was trying to get at is which location has more of the "good ole boys" vs. higher educated, white collar professionals?

Old 07-03-2007, 02:57 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,916,351 times
They are both full of white collar, educated professionals. No difference there, really. Several of my professors lived in Highland Creek....

Old 07-03-2007, 10:37 PM

543 posts, read 1,825,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank2 View Post
Thanks again everyone. Any insight as to why HC is cheaper then Huntersville?
It's really a diffiicult decision and I'm sure you'll be happy in either area.

Personally I think pricing comes down to supply and demand. My 1/4 acre lot might be more expensive here in Huntersville than HC but it has the same livabilty value as any other area. The debate can be made with any areas, not just Huntersville vs Highland Creek. Just replace the names with any others and it's the same.

As an uncultured individual I'm not even sure what culture is but as long as there's a Home Depot and a Lowes near by then I'm happy. Give me some duct tape and super glue and I can build a bunch of stuff

My yard and my house is my canvas and I'm constantly involved with some type of improvement or project that hopefully increases our value but if it doesn't it still makes us happy. Nothing like some cut up tire planters to brighten up the yard

Malls are for looking at chicks because I can't afford socks at most of the stores there anyway although I could have spent about 5k at super Walmart in Mooresville last week, That place had the most awesome light up flamingos! You could end up with me as a neighbor if you're not careful.

Supposedly Bailey Road High is due to open for 2008 or 2009 and it's going to help with the crowding at both North Meck and Hopewell. I'd imagine that in a few years all the high schools in the area are going to be about equal.

If an area supplies you with what you need and at a price you can afford then go for it. You can still buy places in Highland, Huntersville, Concord, Cornelius for under 200k but you really need to look at the area you are buyig in and determine if it fits your needs.

My visions of buying a 180k house off the internet were crushed when I finally came down here and saw what a 180k house and area looked like. No offense to those that have them but it just didn't fit our dream house/area.

Where we ended up buying at had no resemblence at all to what we researched on the internet. In fact from info on the internet we ruled out the neighborhood we ended up buying in. Our realtor talked us into checking it out and we ended up buying here.

Find an area that you think you like. Go there, park your car and walk around. If you see someone washing their car, stop and chat, you find out more than you want and it'll help with your decision. Realtors are a good resource but because of the descrimination laws (is that right?), you have to listen to simple clues since they can't tell you exactly what you want to hear. It's really hard to follow realtor clues and that's what makes this forum so valuable.

Good luck in your search!

Old 07-07-2007, 06:42 AM

132 posts, read 471,965 times
HA! As Mark said...stop and ask people. People stop and ask me allll the time how I like my neighborhood, my builder etc. We're outside a lot with the kids and doing yardwork. Not a day goes by that I am not stopped. Actually, I don't mind it at all. Good thing for our builder that we love our home since we were the first ones on our street

Just yesterday someone stopped and asked my husband "Are the people on this street nice?" I laughed so hard at that since we are just about the only ones...we're up to 3 families now. Uh...no...we're really mean....and thanks for asking!!

Anita

Old 07-07-2007, 01:04 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,223,013 times
Right now I am looking in North Meck and Huntersville. It's tough, My range is a tad higher, but comparing the 10 year old treed neighborhoods t othe newer ones in huntersville can make one's mind think. New house, no trees, or older house nice trees.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:31 PM

117 posts, read 406,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
Right now I am looking in North Meck and Huntersville. It's tough, My range is a tad higher, but comparing the 10 year old treed neighborhoods t othe newer ones in huntersville can make one's mind think. New house, no trees, or older house nice trees.
YOu would like Wynfield then. Older homes (not old though) and nice trees. Very nice development in Huntersville.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:13 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,223,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabmac View Post
YOu would like Wynfield then. Older homes (not old though) and nice trees. Very nice development in Huntersville.
Yes, I have looked there and HC.. Wynfield Forest and Creek are nice places, but sometimes it's a just a little too deep in. I am used to a different style neghborhood.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:23 PM

117 posts, read 406,431 times
Yes, I hear what you are saying. My husband didn't like Highland Creek, he thought it was too big and maze like. MY good friend used to live in Wynfield and loved it!

Old 11-09-2007, 05:23 PM

11 posts, read 41,303 times
HC is a nice area but you will not get the return on your investment that you will in a Huntersville home. The older homes are not being maintained very well in HC and re-sell is tough. One huge difference in the two areas is the schools. Huntersville has newer schools and more on the way. Check out the stats for the two. Depends on what your needs are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte