Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2007, 04:48 PM

8 posts, read 44,630 times

Advertisements

A little background: My Husband and I are currently living in Southpark. We just moved here from St. Louis. I work in uptown and huntersville half and half. My husband is a financial advisor and can put his office anywhere in the Charlotte area. we need to have an idea of where we wnat to be located by August. Anyways I was thinking The highland creek area- Huntersville traffic and those 2 lane roads drive me nuts!! would be the best for me commuting between those two areas. WHile we were out there exploring this weekend we stumnbled on Christenbury village it looks pretty much just in the beginnning stages but it sounds like its going to be very nice. What I liked most about it was that the houses had so much charater to them and not so plain like the houses in Highland creek (of course a bit more pricey too) Anyways does anyone know much about the community plan or the buidlers? It soudns like its goign to have shops and restuarnts in the community as well as swimming and tennis ect. Any insight?
Our plan is If we bought in Christenbury village it would be a townhouse (their plans are quite huge from 2300-4000 sqft) until we can upgrade in 5 years to a house in the neighborhood for aroudn 300k .
If we bought in highland creek it would be a house in the neighborhood for around 250-275 k
Although it is a townhouse it has amazing upgrades that are not even in a 300k house in highland Creek-

which one is the better investment for a 5 yr plan? also since the Christenbury village is pretty new its hard to tell

Thanks for the advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 05:24 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,757,493 times
Here's the website for Christenbury. Its' going to have a retail portion that is also going to have an Old English look to it. If you're going to look at the townhouses, there is a link to all the builders in the site below. I think they're pretty pricy though, starting in the 300's. The only other concern you might have with that area is potential traffic with the mall so close by, and the race track. But you can always take backroads to Mallard Creek or Eastifield roads.

Hope the site helps. But good luck with it.

Christenbury Home

Old 07-02-2007, 08:44 PM

117 posts, read 406,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kac831 View Post
A little background: My Husband and I are currently living in Southpark. We just moved here from St. Louis. I work in uptown and huntersville half and half. My husband is a financial advisor and can put his office anywhere in the Charlotte area. we need to have an idea of where we wnat to be located by August. Anyways I was thinking The highland creek area- Huntersville traffic and those 2 lane roads drive me nuts!! would be the best for me commuting between those two areas. WHile we were out there exploring this weekend we stumnbled on Christenbury village it looks pretty much just in the beginnning stages but it sounds like its going to be very nice. What I liked most about it was that the houses had so much charater to them and not so plain like the houses in Highland creek (of course a bit more pricey too) Anyways does anyone know much about the community plan or the buidlers? It soudns like its goign to have shops and restuarnts in the community as well as swimming and tennis ect. Any insight?
Our plan is If we bought in Christenbury village it would be a townhouse (their plans are quite huge from 2300-4000 sqft) until we can upgrade in 5 years to a house in the neighborhood for aroudn 300k .
If we bought in highland creek it would be a house in the neighborhood for around 250-275 k
Although it is a townhouse it has amazing upgrades that are not even in a 300k house in highland Creek-

which one is the better investment for a 5 yr plan? also since the Christenbury village is pretty new its hard to tell

Thanks for the advice!
I think that getting in to Christenbury at the beginning stages is a great idea. The prices should definitely go up as the they continue to build in there. I always drive through there and think it is a nice location and you can definitely take back roads to get to Huntersville,etc. I am in Moss Creek. Let me know if you have any questions!

Old 06-05-2009, 01:02 PM

30 posts, read 109,874 times
My family is living in Christenbury and so far.... we love it! Currently the homes are really getting back under construction again. Christenbury Hall, Wood and Mews really have the construction rolling! I hope to see many more new neighbors by the end of the year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: