Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 06:05 PM

540 posts, read 1,706,569 times

Advertisements

What is wrong with the people that run these schools?
Here we are, on the brink of Snowpocalypse and they haven't closed schools yet? Do they purposely wait so they can have the join of waking people at 530am?

what a bunch of knuckleheads!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 06:45 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,361,611 times
Nothing from CMS either. I guess they are thinking something will change by 5 AM. Personally I would have called it by now, and they very well may call it by 11 tonight (all the schools).

Old 01-09-2011, 06:53 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,619,995 times
Getting up at 5:30 to check the radio for school closings was the best part of winter when I was growing up. The anticipation of having a day off to sled was killer.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:54 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
At this point, anyone w/a brain can see the large amount of precip moving in our direction. Temps will be below freezing....

precip + below freezing temps = not good for driving....

Don't understand what they are waiting for....

I'll stick my head in the sand on this one......

Old 01-09-2011, 07:06 PM

747 posts, read 2,105,932 times
This really sucks- its my Daughters bed time on a school nite, so what do I do? Let her stay up only to find out tomorrow that they want the kids to go to school in the snow? Or have her go to bed at her regular time.
Oh wait, thats right, going to bed now is a good thing. Never mind...

Old 01-09-2011, 07:19 PM

57 posts, read 78,312 times
they just closed Salisbury...so Charlotte should be soon, right??

Old 01-09-2011, 07:30 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
And if they closed school and we ended up with no snow as we usually do, there would be three times more parents complaining about how dumb they are for closing school for nothing. Be patient, show respect for the officials and let them do their jobs as they think best. Nobody knows when this storm is going to get here for sure.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:31 PM

364 posts, read 1,168,216 times
I personally am hoping for delay or early dismissal- I HATE make-up days! So, on the "snow day" all day I am thinking of the plans I have to cancel for the "Make-Up". Hopefully we won't have to go on a Saturday or holiday again!

Old 01-09-2011, 07:46 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
And if they closed school and we ended up with no snow as we usually do, there would be three times more parents complaining about how dumb they are for closing school for nothing. Be patient, show respect for the officials and let them do their jobs as they think best. Nobody knows when this storm is going to get here for sure.
NCN, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out there is alot of precipitation coming our way...

Atlanta is snowing right now. See that green color? That's precip that COMING our way.....

NWS radar image loop of Long Range Reflectivity from Atlanta, GA

This is a message board and we are free to question the supposedly smart people running these things...

Most likely school will be closed but it would be nice if they made it official......

Old 01-09-2011, 07:47 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,361,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwally View Post
I personally am hoping for delay or early dismissal- I HATE make-up days! So, on the "snow day" all day I am thinking of the plans I have to cancel for the "Make-Up". Hopefully we won't have to go on a Saturday or holiday again!
CMS makeup day is January 17, which is highly annoying since I also have that day off and had all sorts of plans. I was hoping it was President's Day (that is the next makeup day!).

We'll see what happens, but honestly I don't see how this mass of snow/ice/whatever will miss us, and with the low temps it will not be good in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: