Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 12:39 PM

295 posts, read 1,298,371 times

Advertisements

Being from the Buffalo area and having grown up in Rochester, I wish I could share I'mInformed's confidence in the Bills. I still cheer for them, but they've still got a few rough years ahead of them until they can get the QB & OL figured out.

As for the Sabres - they had the Hurricane's on the ropes and should have won. This will be the year they get it back, although everyone is gunning for us now. Before last year, I was disappointed that Charlotte didn't have an NHL team - but after the Eastern Conference Finals, there is no way I could have cheered for the Hurricanes anyway. (Fortunately, it would seem that not many people in North Carolina are die-hard Canes fans, either, so that won't be a problem.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2006, 01:52 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,599,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samohtal View Post
Being from the Buffalo area and having grown up in Rochester, I wish I could share I'mInformed's confidence in the Bills. I still cheer for them, but they've still got a few rough years ahead of them until they can get the QB & OL figured out.

As for the Sabres - they had the Hurricane's on the ropes and should have won. This will be the year they get it back, although everyone is gunning for us now. Before last year, I was disappointed that Charlotte didn't have an NHL team - but after the Eastern Conference Finals, there is no way I could have cheered for the Hurricanes anyway. (Fortunately, it would seem that not many people in North Carolina are die-hard Canes fans, either, so that won't be a problem.)
Oh, the only reason I didn't mention the Sabres taking the cup next year is because it goes without saying. It was the biggest flaw in the history of Hockey for a southern team to beat a hockey crazy town like Buffalo this year. I wish Rochester had some pro teams. The Sabres really belong there; Golisano lives in Rochester anyways; so the Sabres should be there! (By the way; did you seriously move from Rochester to Buffalo? lol)

Old 08-27-2006, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed View Post
Oh, the only reason I didn't mention the Sabres taking the cup next year is because it goes without saying. It was the biggest flaw in the history of Hockey for a southern team to beat a hockey crazy town like Buffalo this year. I wish Rochester had some pro teams. The Sabres really belong there; Golisano lives in Rochester anyways; so the Sabres should be there! (By the way; did you seriously move from Rochester to Buffalo? lol)
Yeah. Went to college in Rochester & got my first job in Buffalo & have stayed here for the last 10 years. Rochester was a better fit for me of the two since Buffalo is more blue collar and that's not my background, but my jobs, family, & friends were in Buffalo so I stuck around.

Now, my family is in North Carolina, my job can be anywhere, and the ties I had to WNY are mostly memories ... so I'm going to give the Charlotte area a shot (assuming someone buys my house).

As for sports, the Bills, Sabres, & Yankees will always come first no matter where I live. I can't see ever really rooting for the Hurricanes now, but cheering on the Panthers in every game they don't play Buffalo is probably do-able since they are in the NFC and we're in the AFC. Of course, the Panthers also got started thanks to several ex-Buffalo Bills in their first few years of existance ... so that doesn't hurt either. Its hard to root against what appears to be a good guy in Jake Delhomme, but its too bad they had to sign that clubhouse cancer and all-around-a$$ Keyshawn Johnson.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,126 times
Default Raiders

Once a raider fan, always a raider fan.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:49 PM

20 posts, read 59,866 times
There is only one team and thats the STEELERS !!!!!!!!!! As a matter of fact I think I will open up a steelers bar when we move down

Old 08-31-2006, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap View Post
There is only one team and thats the STEELERS !!!!!!!!!! As a matter of fact I think I will open up a steelers bar when we move down
Kind of funny that you mention it, because there is an Anchor Bar set to open in a few weeks in Charlotte. Yes, THAT Anchor Bar - the place that invented Buffalo Wings.

(Of course it would help if the Bills had some more talent this year, but its still to have a little slice of home waiting for me once I move! ... now if they could only get a La Nova's or Wegman's!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte