Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2011, 05:56 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
Congrats to Cam for setting the record of most rushing TD's by a QB. When the Panthers get their defense back, this team will be something to watch.
The D played fairly well yesterday. Granted, TB was without one of it two main offensive weapons Josh Freeman i.e. the QB. 2 Sacks of 10+ yards, 4 Pass Deflections, and 1 Pick; held to 285 yards.

To Cam, he is one great runningback. 3 rushing TDs, long of 22. The drive at the end of the half was really good.

As to the other rookie QBs...
Ponder - 381 yards, 61.7%, 3:2
Yates - Got his first start and won
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 06:26 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
The D played fairly well yesterday. Granted, TB was without one of it two main offensive weapons Josh Freeman i.e. the QB. 2 Sacks of 10+ yards, 4 Pass Deflections, and 1 Pick; held to 285 yards.

To Cam, he is one great runningback. 3 rushing TDs, long of 22. The drive at the end of the half was really good.

Ponder threw the INT that lost the game....

What about Dalton?

Old 12-05-2011, 06:35 AM

218 posts, read 244,480 times
Man, Cam can really zip that ball when he needs to. I am high on him!

Old 12-05-2011, 06:41 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,825 times
Quote:

Cam is QB rating = 106.2 yesterday, pretty good for a running back.

Don't forget your man-crush Dalton:
135 yards, 46%, 77.6 rating, rough day against the Steelers + games against Houston and Baltimore, yikes.

I'll give you this much credit, you're the ONLY CAM naysayer that has stuck around, the others have vanished (foot meet mouth), just scroll back to April-Sept of this thread. Big Tarheel fan, good for TJ Yates and hope he wins everygame, Houston's got a top 3 rated NFL defense. For now, our RB, Cam Newton is doing a pretty decent job.

Panther's defense is still struggling, but the run defense was better.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post

Don't forget your man-crush Dalton:
135 yards, 46%, 77.6 rating, rough day against the Steelers + games against Houston and Baltimore, yikes.

I'll give you this much credit, you're the ONLY CAM naysayer that has stuck around, the others have vanished (foot meet mouth), just scroll back to April-Sept of this thread. Big Tarheel fan, good for TJ Yates and hope he wins everygame, Houston's got a top 3 rated NFL defense. For now, our RB, Cam Newton is doing a pretty decent job.

Panther's defense is still struggling, but the run defense was better.
Dalton is a decent QB but he is getting baptized by the AFC North.

I tried to warn ncopus about the early success of Dalton. He took an old fashion beat down yesterday and they pulled him to protect his health early in the 4th.

Put Dalton, Ponder or any of these rookies behind the Carolina OL and they would be on IR by now....

One last thing.. Gross is gross... he needs to be moved to G next year. The young heads are beating him on the edge and it's going to get Cam killed.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:07 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Ponder threw the INT that lost the game....

What about Dalton?
Ponder might have thrown the interception at the end of game but Tebow has you know who on his side. It is the reason he somehow pulls games out every week.

As for Dalton, A) I didn't bring him up but since you did B)...
Steelers D - #4 in Opponent PPG, #1 in Opponent YPG
Houston D - #2 in Opponent PPG, #2 in Opponent YPG
Baltimore D - #3 in Opponent PPG, #3 in Opponent YPG

Newton's opponent...
TB D - #30 in Opponent PPG, #30 in Opponent YPG

Quote:
If it quacks like a duck, it is a duck. #30 in rushing yards, #1 in rushing TDs, #9 in Rushing Avg YPC. Last Game the #2 rusher for both teams. But hey it is positive

Nice QB Raing... Given he only threw 57.1% in 21 passing attempts. Fun Fact: Naanee had a QB Rating of 118.8

Old 12-05-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Ponder might have thrown the interception at the end of game but Tebow has you know who on his side. It is the reason he somehow pulls games out every week.

Newton's opponent...

If it quacks like a duck, it is a duck. #30 in rushing yards, #1 in rushing TDs, #9 in Rushing Avg YPC. Last Game the #2 rusher for both teams. But hey it is positive

Nice QB Raing... Given he only threw 57.1% in 21 passing attempts. Fun Fact: Naanee had a QB Rating of 118.8
Excuses, excuses, excuses... Cam and Dalton have to play who is in front of them. You had no problem throwing out Dalton's numbers vs sub par teams

You were the one throwing out "rookie QB news" I think BA wanted to remind you other rookies were playing who didn't have the stats or game to match Cam.

That Nene play was great...who caught the pass?

Old 12-05-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:

Newton's opponent...

Man, what you have is uncurable but most of us understand it now. All your "double-talk" and senseless biased stats are quite humerous. Suddenly, the QB rating is a useless metric..LOL. It'll be some other stat next week that will become important...oh wait, yea, whatever stat that makes Cam seem inadequate or not a "good QB".....not a duck but more akin to a snake oil product.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Man, what you have is uncurable but most of us understand it now. All your "double-talk" and senseless biased stats are quite humerous. Suddenly, the QB rating is a useless metric..LOL. It'll be some other stat next week that will become important...oh wait, yea, whatever stat that makes Cam seem inadequate or not a "good QB".....not a duck but more akin to a snake oil product.
Dude has pulled a few muscles reaching for other rookie QB's week after week to dim Cam from shining.

I find it rather entertaining... I can almost imagine him grinding his teeth, knee's shaking while pulling up stats in a cold sweat on a dial-up internet when Cam is putting on a show.

Just joking but the excuses are hilarious. It's been a fun season. I can understand where he is coming from because I'm not a Tebow fan and the kid keeps winning. I had to give him some credit and jump on the Tebow wagon the last few weeks. I don't think Tebow is a great QB but he is a great football player and he wins all by himself.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Dude has pulled a few muscles reaching for other rookie QB's week after week to dim Cam from shining.

I find it rather entertaining... I can almost imagine him grinding his teeth, knee's shaking while pulling up stats in a cold sweat on a dial-up internet when Cam is putting on a show.

Just joking but the excuses are hilarious. It's been a fun season. I can understand where he is coming from because I'm not a Tebow fan and the kid keeps winning. I had to give him some credit and jump on the Tebow wagon the last few weeks. I don't think Tebow is a great QB but he is a great football player and he wins all by himself.
I respect Nostra-copus99, he hung around for the beat-down and fighting hard to the finish to find holes in Cam's performance each week and surely we know he has quite a few.

Ok, on Tebow, all I told everyone is that Tebow is the MOST driven football player I've ever seen. If you remember the post-game interview in '08 after that Ole Miss lost, I was sold on that guy:

Tim Tebow Offers an Emotional Apology Following a Tough Loss to Ole Miss - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte