Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2011, 06:45 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
No offense meant ... but it seems you want Cam to fail.
Their comment probably also reflects the ESPN quote that you might not be aware of...

"What happens when you take a lion out of the safari and try to take him to your place of residence and make him a house pet? It ain't going to happen. That's the type of person that I am. I'm that lion. The house that I'm in is somewhat of a tarnished house where losing is accepted. But I'm trying to change that, whether I'm going to have to turn that house into a safari, or I'm just going to have to get out of that house. I'm not saying I'm trying to leave this place. I'm just trying to get everybody on my level."
Cam Newton compares himself to a lion, blasts Panthers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 07:04 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
I'm a lion... LOL. No Cam, you're a panther.

As soon as he said that you knew the analogy would fall flat. Regardless we are seeing this team put up decent leads early but they can't close out games.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:18 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I'm a lion... LOL. No Cam, you're a panther.

As soon as he said that you knew the analogy would fall flat. Regardless we are seeing this team put up decent leads early but they can't close out games.
Bless his heart, he thinks he's Simba the Lion King they need to tell him he's a rookie Panther. LOL

They have had this problem forever ... have many times have we watched this happen ... hot in the first half ... with a lead and then they cannot hold onto it in the second half. This is nothing new.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:31 AM

218 posts, read 244,480 times
Wow winning just four games and he got a big head lol

I like Cam, he needs to work on his accuracy and the Panthers need to get some tall wideout next season. This team is looking very good despite thier collapse in 4th quarters.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrock View Post
Wow winning just four games and he got a big head lol

I like Cam, he needs to work on his accuracy and the Panthers need to get some tall wideout next season. This team is looking very good despite thier collapse in 4th quarters.
They have led at halftime 12 out of 13 games... if the coaching staff and players counter the opponents half time adjustments they would be in the playoff hunt.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:02 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
They have led at halftime 12 out of 13 games... if the coaching staff and players counter the opponents half time adjustments they would be in the playoff hunt.
Good stuff all around..remember last year when nobody gave a damn about the Panthers!!! You, like me, understand it's a process..they won't lose leads like that next year. I like the edge Cam and Smitty bring and one of the reasons Ray Lewis/Baltimore, and the Steelers defenses are good...gotta be a little nasty.

Did you see the Tom Brady/Coach blow up yesterday? Love it! The Panthers have been soft the past few years, this town needed some controversial players and players with a little edge to take some of the vanilla out of it!

Love it! This is going to be a very good team in a year or so.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:39 AM

185 posts, read 318,361 times
They way ya'll blast Cam and scrutinize his every move, from that man buying a house and a piece of jewelry to the fact that he is not happy with the "its ok to lose" mind set he wants to see people (his teammates) get out of its crazy.

Ya'll complained and complained and finally the football Gods rained down lol and Carolina got a quarterback. Does he have a ways to go booth in the big leagues and perhaps mentality sure.
Heck its funny people have so much to say about him but ya'll let Steve Smith and his temper tantrums ride for year lol.

The Panthers are a young team,but they are starting to put things together. You all have good players, Smith, Kalil, Williams to name a few. You all have a few wholes that you need to fill,(much like my team) like a new kicker for starters.

But beating down this young man who is helping to breathe life and make football exciting in this city again isnt going to help things. Hey, because lets be honest, the man didnt really want to come here in the first place, then you couple that with the fact that people have something to say about every little thing he does....best believe he will leave first chance he gets, is all im saying and I know plenty of teams that would love to have him.....I wouldnt mind seeing him heading down I-85 S and returning to his GA roots.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:42 AM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachInTheCity View Post
They way ya'll blast Cam and scrutinize his every move, from that man buying a house and a piece of jewelry to the fact that he is not happy with the "its ok to lose" mind set he wants to see people (his teammates) get out of its crazy.

Ya'll complained and complained and finally the football Gods rained down lol and Carolina got a quarterback. Does he have a ways to go booth in the big leagues and perhaps mentality sure.
Heck its funny people have so much to say about him but ya'll let Steve Smith and his temper tantrums ride for year lol.

The Panthers are a young team,but they are starting to put things together. You all have good players, Smith, Kalil, Williams to name a few. You all have a few wholes that you need to fill,(much like my team) like a new kicker for starters.

But beating down this young man who is helping to breathe life and make football exciting in this city again isnt going to help things. Hey, because lets be honest, the man didnt really want to come here in the first place, then you couple that with the fact that people have something to say about every little thing he does....best believe he will leave first chance he gets, is all im saying and I know plenty of teams that would love to have him.....I wouldnt mind seeing him heading down I-85 S and returning to his GA roots.

I agree but I have to say..it has become very noticable that teams are making adjustments at halftime and just stoning Cam.... that should change next year and I expect it will. Left handed underhanded tosses while falling down to avoid a sack are fine as long as you throw it to the ground..not an opposing player. Trying to do too much never works.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:43 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
Listening to the radio last week I was surprised at how positive the reaction was towards the comments he made. He certainly has a point, but he did come off as pretty arrogant by basically saying he was so awesome and everyone needs to come up to his level, since although he's certainly very talented, he's nowhere near perfect. I think he just needs to pick his words a little better.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Listening to the radio last week I was surprised at how positive the reaction was towards the comments he made. He certainly has a point, but he did come off as pretty arrogant by basically saying he was so awesome and everyone needs to come up to his level, since although he's certainly very talented, he's nowhere near perfect. I think he just needs to pick his words a little better.
I'm sorry but every time I hear Cam speak I think he has a hard time choosing words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte