Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 06:03 PM

539 posts, read 1,498,358 times

Advertisements

OK, I know every year there are threads about race traffic and the best way to get to the track. But those threads are usually for the all-star and 600. I am going on fridday night with my son and wife and am thinking that traffic shoiuld not be too bad as there are only a small percentage of overall seats for sale.
Anyone have any insite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 06:50 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,865,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car421 View Post
OK, I know every year there are threads about race traffic and the best way to get to the track. But those threads are usually for the all-star and 600. I am going on fridday night with my son and wife and am thinking that traffic shoiuld not be too bad as there are only a small percentage of overall seats for sale.
Anyone have any insite?
Youre thinking is 100% correct. Traffic should be minimal. You'll have a great time- enjoy!

Old 05-13-2011, 10:07 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,990,071 times
Well, not so fast. Friday Night + Concord Mills exit = Traffic. If your going to be going through there after 4pm, you will have traffic. My suggestion is, to take the 485 exit, and then take the first exit, and go left at the light. If your coming from SC or south charlotte, taking 485 is your best bet.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysofThundr46 View Post
Well, not so fast. Friday Night + Concord Mills exit = Traffic. If your going to be going through there after 4pm, you will have traffic. My suggestion is, to take the 485 exit, and then take the first exit, and go left at the light. If your coming from SC or south charlotte, taking 485 is your best bet.
Will be going up 485 from Indian Trail to 49.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:21 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,865,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car421 View Post
Will be going up 485 from Indian Trail to 49.
I wouldnt do that. I would stay on 485 to Hwy 29. Hang a right and the speedway is a few miles up, on the right. If you take 49 you'll have to cut across on Morehead, which is only 2 lanes, and sure to have heavier traffic.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
I wouldnt do that. I would stay on 485 to Hwy 29. Hang a right and the speedway is a few miles up, on the right. If you take 49 you'll have to cut across on Morehead, which is only 2 lanes, and sure to have heavier traffic.
Thanks. That is the way I will go.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:33 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,808,276 times
Now that Cars421 has his answer, perhaps some of you knowledgable folks could provide me with another race-related transportation question.

I'm attending my first race on Saturday night and (I think) I have a ride to the track, but do not have a ride home - what are my options? I reside off of Prosperity Church Rd (exit 46 off of I-85). I see fom the Charlotte Motor Speedway website that the '79X' bus will be running back and forth to uptown, but that would be quite a long detour. Is walking down Bruton Smith Blvd to the Hooters and calling a taxi a viable solution? I'd be willing to hang-out till traffic cleared a bit, if cabs weren't willing to mess with the area right after the race.

Anything easier? Thanks.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:49 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,990,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megax View Post
Now that Cars421 has his answer, perhaps some of you knowledgable folks could provide me with another race-related transportation question.

I'm attending my first race on Saturday night and (I think) I have a ride to the track, but do not have a ride home - what are my options? I reside off of Prosperity Church Rd (exit 46 off of I-85). I see fom the Charlotte Motor Speedway website that the '79X' bus will be running back and forth to uptown, but that would be quite a long detour. Is walking down Bruton Smith Blvd to the Hooters and calling a taxi a viable solution? I'd be willing to hang-out till traffic cleared a bit, if cabs weren't willing to mess with the area right after the race.

Anything easier? Thanks.
The walk from the track to that Hooters isnt that bad, maybe a mile, or slightly more. You will probably going faster then the traffic!

Honestly, someone might be willing to give you a lift. I dont know anything about the bus service, but SOME cabs do hang out around the track.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:19 AM

1,661 posts, read 3,288,477 times
The Concord/Kannapolis CKRider Bus System runs a route between the Speedway, down Speedway Blvd to Concord Mills. You might want to look into using that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte