Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2011, 10:24 PM

3 posts, read 8,398 times

Advertisements

Hi!
I have just recently graduated from college and have accepted a job offer for a company in downtown Charlotte. I am looking to move into the Matthews, Pineville, South Charlotte area because I also have a horse that will be kept in Union County in Monroe, so that seems to be like a good halfway point. After a month or so of training I will be able to work from a home office, so I am not AS worried about the drive into downtown. My main issue is that I only have around $550-$650 to spend a month on rent on a one bedroom. I am really focused on safety, as I will be living alone, so I do not care if the apartments are older. Also a dining room area would be nice so I can use it as an office, and also I have a dog that is around 65 lbs, but not an aggressive breed. If you have any suggestions about apartments they would be much appreciated!! Unfortunately they all seem to look great online and horrible on the rating websites
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 09:03 AM

983 posts, read 2,543,161 times
The areas you picked area all safe and nice. Just search the Charlotte Forum for "rent" or "nice areas to live" and you will find a lot of other threads with information. Now for the specifics you are looking for you will probably need to search craigslist for some rentals as well drive around the areas you selected to see with your own eyes. You can also rent for 6 month to get a feel for the commute, neighborhoods. I think your commute with be 30-45 minutes everyday if you live in either of the 3 locations you mentioned. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte