Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 08:24 AM

443 posts, read 1,261,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinajean View Post
Take up golf.
I agree. The older (50+) golf men who are unattached and spend hours on the golf course tend not to be looking for a 25 year old girl who goes 'to the club'! They tend to be more patient, mature, financiall stable and well educated than older men you might meet some other places.

Maybe sign up for lessons at a golf course?

My sister is 56 and said she meets plenty of guys at work, but they act like they are such a great catch and are too full of themselves to be bothered with. She did luck up with a nice figher fighter once...can't remember how they met!

Taben
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 10:30 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,673,163 times
I thought older guys golfed to get away from their wives. At least, they did in my hometown.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:46 PM

5 posts, read 22,138 times
Hi everyone. I have not been on here for a while, but at home tonight and thought I would check in. I have really enjoyed reading the posts on here and taking in all of the suggestions. I have actually been on several dates, but no real chemisty between us, but at least going out and having fun so that is good. Regarding one question on here regards to whether or not I have a southern accent...yes, I do. I am a Charlotte native. I might have to do the golf thing, but not sure how to get started as this is something I have never considered. Isn't this an expensive hobby? Suggestions are welcome. I saw some comments on here that I sound like I expect a great guy to fall into my lap. Nope, that is certainly not the case. I do go out and meet people and make conversation, but not finding the men in my age group so perhaps I need to find different places to go. I work off the Park Road/Montford/Southpark area and it's easier to frequent the bars and restaurants in this area for dinner/drinks/socializing, but maybe I will have to expand my 'area'. Thanks again!

Last edited by beachgirl2006; 11-04-2011 at 08:04 PM..

Old 11-04-2011, 10:52 PM

222 posts, read 551,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdawgg View Post
for a guy charlotte is like a candy store but for a single woman it's "quite" competetive.
I'm 33 and I haven't found this to be the case. Maybe it depends on what age group you're in. I have noticed that there seem to be a lot of over-40s here on the "second round," so to speak. My ideal age range for women, between 25 and 35, are 90 percent taken, either engaged, married, or popping out children.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:05 AM

3,873 posts, read 4,297,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMG721 View Post
I'm 33 and I haven't found this to be the case. Maybe it depends on what age group you're in. I have noticed that there seem to be a lot of over-40s here on the "second round," so to speak. My ideal age range for women, between 25 and 35, are 90 percent taken, either engaged, married, or popping out children.

I don't think the ratio of engaged/married to single women in the age range 25-to-35 are much different than any other southern city (city in general) Charlotte's. Most people get married and have children between the ages 25-to-35. I don't Charlotte has the plethora of venue option (as DC, etc) to meet as many people but they are here.

Plenty of divorced folk in that age range as well.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:35 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,426,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by etacarinae View Post
Here , everyone in that age group is at least 92% married

How many guys wish they could be 92% married...

Old 11-05-2011, 09:12 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,652,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post

<<<eeeeek>>>>

Old 11-05-2011, 09:30 AM

763 posts, read 824,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
40% is more convenient.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:38 AM

222 posts, read 551,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
I don't think the ratio of engaged/married to single women in the age range 25-to-35 are much different than any other southern city (city in general) Charlotte's. Most people get married and have children between the ages 25-to-35. I don't Charlotte has the plethora of venue option (as DC, etc) to meet as many people but they are here.
What types of venue options do you believe Charlotte could use more of? I know that when this topic comes up, a lot of people on here tend to suggest that Charlotte already has everything that it needs.

I do see the "I'm single in Charlotte --- AHHH!" complaint come up on so many threads, and I just have to wonder whether it's a lack of available people or a lack of venues that is the problem.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:39 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,681,984 times
OP ignore the percentages, all you have to do is find ONE good guy. Enjoy your search, as that too can be fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte