Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 05:30 PM

495 posts, read 1,077,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
This is 2011. Sexual harrassment isn't acceptable in my society today. This isn't the tourist area of Rome where innocent flirtation is expected from those innocent Italians. I don't consider the mall event as innocent flirtation but instead punks instigating problems.
Maybe whistling at women is a Charlotte thing. Remember that one poster back during the summer who moved into an apartment in Huntersville and had the same problem? Also, walk Uptown on any workday, and you'd think only males walked the earth.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:54 PM

378 posts, read 704,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomichauds View Post
I actually have not gone up to that mall yet (although I may have to now that the Apple store is up there too ), but I agree with the pp re: visible stuff.

Around our S. Charlotte area that is such an easy thing to peek into cars and smash/grab if they see something they like or looks expensive in some way. It's the unfortunate reality of things.

It always kills me how some people additionally leave their cards unlocked and then are all surprised with someone breaks in and steals stuff (not saying you did!).

It sucks when we have stuff stolen. Sorry about that
I'd get p'od only if they broke a window instead of just opening the door if its unlocked. Years ago when I first got my jeep I stupidly left a whole case of CDs on the floor of the passenger seat. Well someone came by at night, slit open one of the plastic windows and took it. I was more upset at the slitting of the window. WHY did they not just pull the window off (yeah and I know the moral of the story is if I didn't leave the CDs...)

Old 10-19-2011, 07:36 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,218,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
If more people would care if LEO searched their cars without probable cause then less cars would be searched without probable cause. I don't even get out my driver's license until asked at a traffic checkpoint. Make them work for it.

If that would have happened to me I'd be at the next city council meeting demanding an explanation.
I understand your point and don't disagree. OTOH I was hoping my cooperation would cause them to not ticket me for the window tint.

I suppose I'd rather a few more searches get done than really warranted, and a few more criminals get caught because of it.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:45 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,551,196 times
Default Northlake Mall Shooting This Afternoon

One critically injured in shooting at Northlake Mall - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Old 02-06-2012, 03:49 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,133,288 times
I was just coming on here to post the same thing. This could spark a good discussion in line w/Sunny's thread about hot spots for crime in S. Charlotte and Northlake Mall.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:14 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
It also pointed out that crime can happen any mall, Suspect with dreadlocks fled in Ford Excursion more thank likely will be caught and it to early to know if he knew the victims who where shot which probably was the case, versus something random.

I wouldnt pass it was a drug deal that went sour.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:38 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,726,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Suspect with dreadlocks fled....
Based on my miserable experiences at Northlake (I went twice, I'm dumb but not stupid) I am surprised this is not an every day occurrence.

Never has something with the potential to be so great turned out so bad as Northlake. I cryin' shame!

Old 02-06-2012, 09:23 PM

55 posts, read 76,369 times
Very disappointed with the crowd at Northlake lately. It has been just fine prior to that, but now the mall is crowded with thug type crowd and all the usual hangers on. It's not family friendly anymore.

I want the trend reversed. North side families need a place that is safe.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:30 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,462,440 times
I'm a visitor to the Lowe's across the street quite often and to look at Northlake for face value, and the area immediately around it, you'd think it was a pretty nice place. It's "weird", can't think of the right word, to hear a relatively new mall like that being described as an unsafe place with a thug type crowd. Usually that gets more prevalent when there is plenty of public transportation or you can walk to a particular place, is that the case at this mall? I think I've been to the actual mall 2 or 3 times since it opened.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:44 PM

1,826 posts, read 2,494,119 times
Strange. I've never felt unsafe at Northlake. Looks like a typical mall to me. But then again, I only go there maybe once a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte