Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2011, 06:05 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,710,164 times

Advertisements

I dunno know but it seems to me that there has been some oomph taken away from the topics posted here on CD. When, in the day, we had heated conversations regarding transplants, prices of house, resales, condo development, where to go and etc etc .... we had plenty of "action".

Now, kinda of.....where to have dinner at 5PM ?lol.

Think it's part of the economy, state of affairs in Clt., or other?
Your thoughts...especially from the oldies on board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 06:41 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,168,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
I dunno know but it seems to me that there has been some oomph taken away from the topics posted here on CD. When, in the day, we had heated conversations regarding transplants, prices of house, resales, condo development, where to go and etc etc .... we had plenty of "action".

Now, kinda of.....where to have dinner at 5PM ?lol.

Think it's part of the economy, state of affairs in Clt., or other?
Your thoughts...especially from the oldies on board.
I posted a thread about 6 months ago saying the same thing.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:08 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,519,093 times
Unless it stays totally Charlotte-centric . . .it won't fly these days. . . we used to discuss things that were of INTEREST to us as Charlotte residents, but not necessarily totally about Charlotte itself. I hesitate starting threads, as I did in past years b/c of that . . . I think if I posted a thread on where to go on vacation within 4 hours of here, for example, since it isn't about the Charlotte metro, it would get moved or zilched.

I assume that is b/c CD wants to segment things for SEO and picking up info about Charleston, for ex., on the Charlotte forum, complicates things. Now, I am just guessing here . . . but that is my opinion in absence of any actual information on the subject.

Or maybe we are being too cerebral and it all comes down to . . . not as many new folks moving to the area.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:12 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,519,093 times
I would like to discuss mayoral election . . . maybe I should start a thread on that - gather info on the candidates. ???

Old 10-21-2011, 09:53 AM

716 posts, read 2,159,425 times
It's a natural progression of a message board when you get a group of regulars who have been around a long time. I'm a part of another board that I've been on for 10+ years, and where we used to have crazy heated debate and outright drama, now we're like an old married couple. Unless you bring in a whole crop of fresh blood to stir into the pot, we all know each other too well. You know it's not even worth starting a fight because you know exactly what and how each person is going to respond.

Likewise, if someone new comes in and tries to start trouble, everyone jumps on them and comes to the defense. So then that newcomer usually disappears.

It's not a bad thing. It's just what happens.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:39 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,710,164 times
^^^^thats's what I was feeling. In fact this thread is boring...I'm finished with it. LOL

Old 10-21-2011, 07:45 PM

537 posts, read 1,768,701 times
I'm sure "someone" would be happy to send you a DM.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte