Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 01:10 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,978,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Your message is on target.

I have cancelled my cable subscription. I used to keep CNN on in the background. I have found my state of mind is more creative w/o the negative chatter . . . I no longer turn the TV on except to watch Netflix or track the weather, lol.

I wrote on another post (in a different section of C-D) that I was feeling hopeless and helpless to do anything about the state of the economy, for ex., other than "feel the pain" . . . and that once I turned off the chatter, I cleared my mind enough to let the creativity come through . . . and am working on establishing a new not-for-profit healthcare organization to address the needs of the underserved. Yeah. Once I quit hearing the crap, I figured out a way to DO SOMETHING to help the community.

Maybe if we all quit listening to the finger-pointing, blame shifting and name calling coming from BOTH SIDES . . . we could, as a society, come up with solutions that are meaningful for us all as human beings. Maybe more hand holding and less class division, party separatism and anger would lead us to what we all want: a decent life for our families, where everyone has a job, everyone has access to healthcare, everyone has a decent, safe place to live, and everyone can get a solid education.

Just turn that radio (and TV) off, lol.
I agree with you, anifani! Sometimes, I turn off C-D for a while b/c it can get rather negative on here, espeically when people resort to name-calling if you don't agree with their views! Maybe if people would turn off the Fox News, MSNBC and talk radio and realize that we're all Americans, regardless of what side of the political aisle you're on, or whatever your race or ethnicity is, we all want to live prosperous and productive lives and want the very best for our families! We may have differences, but we all are aiming for the same goals in life! That's why I can't understand why we continue to separate ourselves from others who we consider to be "different" from us, it makes no sense!

Last edited by prwfromnc; 11-17-2011 at 01:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 08:35 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,605,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prwfromnc View Post
I agree with you, anifani! Sometimes, I turn off C-D for a while b/c it can get rather negative on here, espeically when people resort to name-calling if you don't agree with their views! Maybe if people would turn off the Fox News, MSNBC and talk radio and realize that we're all Americans, regardless of what side of the political aisle you're on, or whatever your race or ethnicity is, we all want to live prosperous and productive lives and want the very best for our families! We may have differences, but we all are aiming for the same goals in life! That's why I can't understand why we continue to separate ourselves from others who we consider to be "different" from us, it makes no sense!

Sir, I do not agree with your views! (slap) I challenge you to a duel! Revolvers at sunrise.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:55 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,632,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
Sir, I do not agree with your views! (slap) I challenge you to a duel! Revolvers at sunrise.
Only if the revolvers are water pistols and we have a big BBQ afterwards.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:19 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,855,527 times
I like 1110. Especially the Cigar Dave Show. Crying over politics is getting old. You're going to get screwed no matter who you vote for. Just get used to it or do something about it.

/flame on

Old 11-18-2011, 11:22 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,721,961 times
This is kinda on topic. I was chatting with a guy who was involved with lobbying from BofA at an event uptown a few weeks ago. It became rather clear to me that partisan politics (D vs. R) was beneath big companies like BofA. They really do not care who is in office as long as they get what they want. There was an important piece of legislation up and they were able to steer it in their favor (at the cost of hurting most small companies/individuals imho).

I am not an OWS person but this just enforces one of their messages about keeping corporate money out of politics. "Our" representatives seem to be looking out for companies over the average person. I hope this is one thing that both libs and cons can agree on.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:35 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,855,527 times
Not to fan the flames, or derail, but do the emplyees of BofA see any benefit from steering legislation? If so, it can't be all bad.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank2 View Post
I hope this is one thing that both libs and cons can agree on.
Not everyone falls into either one of those catagories you know...

Old 11-18-2011, 02:21 PM

15,360 posts, read 12,687,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
Not everyone falls into either one of those catagories you know...
when it comes to talk radio we do...

Old 11-18-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
when it comes to talk radio we do...
moderates rule!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte