Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 08:08 AM

310 posts, read 673,154 times

Advertisements

I was just listening to the John Hancock Radio Program on 1110 WBT the night after the Charlotte elections, and John was discussing a topic I feel was needed after watching elections after elections turn out the same way for years in Charlotte/NC. The topic was do the politics of a region matter enough to you for you to move away because of them? Sadly, the election results in Charlotte and other parts of NC have answered that question for me. For me, and a lot of other native NC residents, especially Charlotteans, this place doesn't represent my views and hasn't for quite a long time. I foresee a Conservative Exodus from the liberally infested areas in NC, and that's a damn shame, guys, because NC is a great state.... when it's not being driven into the ground by Leftists and crooked Conservatives that aren't really conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 10:53 AM

7,077 posts, read 12,359,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman704 View Post
I was just listening to the John Hancock Radio Program on 1110 WBT the night after the Charlotte elections, and John was discussing a topic I feel was needed after watching elections after elections turn out the same way for years in Charlotte/NC. The topic was do the politics of a region matter enough to you for you to move away because of them? Sadly, the election results in Charlotte and other parts of NC have answered that question for me. For me, and a lot of other native NC residents, especially Charlotteans, this place doesn't represent my views and hasn't for quite a long time. I foresee a Conservative Exodus from the liberally infested areas in NC, and that's a damn shame, guys, because NC is a great state.... when it's not being driven into the ground by Leftists and crooked Conservatives that aren't really conservative.
"11-9 Hancock Wednesday Hour 1" in the following link is the show you were talking about.
Podcast Player: John Hancock

Old 11-13-2011, 07:56 AM

I'll most likely (unfortunately) end up being one of them, Muffinman8400. I've had my eye on a rent to own property in Indian Trail for a while now. The only issue I see in that area is that a lot of the new arrivals seem Hell-bent on turning Stallings/Indian Trail/Union County into a miniature Charlotte, complete with overwhelmed road structure, traffic nightmares, and beautiful patches of woods I used to drive past on Old Monroe Road knocked down in favor of strip malls full of cookie cutter non-local chain stores I don't want to give my money too. Don't get me wrong, Union County is still going to be a better deal for me than anywhere in Mecklenburg. It just rubs me the wrong way when I see the places people like us used to be able to flee to are becoming victims of the City Slickers' never ending expansion and inability to confine their pollution, high taxation and crime within the borders of their not-so-fair-anymore city. Friggin depressing, man.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:48 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,202,483 times
Quote:
Listening to 1110? Well I've identified your problem...

Try some real news and don't let those rabble rousers get you all gigged up with their hate-laced tirades. You'll find it easier to connect with reality.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:08 AM

Did an individual that just engaged in the smearing of a source of information, because he/she obviously has a personal dig against it, just try to suggest a way for me to connect with reality? I don't pick up any hatred from John Hancock specifically, which was the program I referenced. I can't speak to the rest of their programming. Funny, I didn't feel I was witnessing any "hate-laced" (read: playing that same old card because I can't contest what the host(s) said in open honest debate without using race or an emotional argument) tirade until I read your post. Awesome show, great job.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:09 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,600,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
Listening to 1110? Well I've identified your problem...

Try some real news and don't let those rabble rousers get you all gigged up with their hate-laced tirades. You'll find it easier to connect with reality.
I love listening to John Hancock. On occasion he brings political views into his topics, but for the most part, it's just a couple of hours of a guy shooting the sh*t with the audience, and it's pretty entertaining, as they can wander over several different items in a matter of minutes.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:45 AM

Yeah, Hancock is their most lovable idiot.

And you're right batman704... I can't "contest" the man's opinion. I think it's idiotic though.

And in case you've forgotten, we elected a (R) mayor for a record setting 7 terms. Also, since you seem to be confused by typical gender references, the word "son" usually indicates a "he". I stay on top of things like this by not clouding my brain with 1110 drivel.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:17 AM

16,762 posts, read 8,229,990 times
Quote:
What is a real Conservative?

Old 11-16-2011, 09:44 AM

68 posts, read 225,986 times
Charlotte has gone hopelessly liberal between the entitlement crowd and the liberal Northerners from big cities that have moved down. Also, the precincts are ridiculously gerrymandered to favor Democrats, (just look at the map).

When a city's population gets too big, the city always goes liberal. Too many people in too small an area creates impossible problems. You would have a hard time naming very many big cities that have not gone liberal.... Salt Lake City maybe?

Old 11-16-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejumpsuitman View Post
Charlotte has gone hopelessly liberal between the entitlement crowd and the liberal Northerners from big cities that have moved down. Also, the precincts are ridiculously gerrymandered to favor Democrats, (just look at the map).

When a city's population gets too big, the city always goes liberal. Too many people in too small an area creates impossible problems. You would have a hard time naming very many big cities that have not gone liberal.... Salt Lake City maybe?
Hopelessly liberal? I'd say we've been saved from the cronyism of conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte