Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 09:31 AM

24 posts, read 60,616 times

Advertisements

Yes- love the PF Changs here. IKEA?!! Wow. That's pretty cool. It is a great place to have for first time home buyers too & for young kids. That's pretty big that Charlotte would get this b/c they are generally around the 'BIG' cities... :L) The houses look very nice that you took... Can't even imagine being able to pick from houses like that (coming from Boston). Now, let's keep our fingers crossed the job comes through...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 09:32 AM

620 posts, read 2,117,954 times
There are two PF Changs. One off Fairview Road in Phillips Place by SouthPark Mall. The other is by Northlake Mall (North Charlotte) off WT Harris Blvd.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:20 AM

120 posts, read 370,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown007 View Post
Yes- love the PF Changs here. IKEA?!! Wow. That's pretty cool. It is a great place to have for first time home buyers too & for young kids. That's pretty big that Charlotte would get this b/c they are generally around the 'BIG' cities... :L) The houses look very nice that you took... Can't even imagine being able to pick from houses like that (coming from Boston). Now, let's keep our fingers crossed the job comes through...

My fingers are crossed and all you have to do is see yourself in that job and it will be yours. Well, you get a lot of house for your money in the Charlotte area. Actually, I am not sure what the number is, but on one of the houses I photographed was down in Waxhaw and was almost too big to capture in my frame, but I managed to do my best, anyway, I assumed that the house was just over 500K, but to my surprise when I got out the car to get the sale information, get this, the house was listed for only 205K. I couldn't believe it and it was on a cul-de-sac. For me, Waxhaw was too far south and since I am in IT my options for jobs are more concentrated in the Uptown Area and University Research Park. Another upcoming area where I saw that they were building a lot of office buildings, which equals job growth was in Ballantyne. For me this would be like an upscale Naperville, IL equivialent. Very nice area to work. If I could, I would own a house all over town. Again, good luck with the job and remember to think positive. If you believe everything will work out fine for you then it truly will.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:14 PM

24 posts, read 60,616 times
. For me this would be like an upscale Naperville, IL equivialent. Very nice area to work. If I could, I would own a house all over town. Again, good luck with the job and remember to think positive. If you believe everything will work out fine for you then it truly will. [/quote]

Funny, my best friend is in Naperville! She loves it, but of course it is pricey. IT?! Is it strictly software or more systems engineering? Hope this sector grows in Charlotte before the price of real estate grows too much Thanks for the advice on the job,etc. You are right about envisioning yourself in something in life. I'll be sure to post when we hear.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:58 PM

120 posts, read 370,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown007 View Post
. For me this would be like an upscale Naperville, IL equivialent. Very nice area to work. If I could, I would own a house all over town. Again, good luck with the job and remember to think positive. If you believe everything will work out fine for you then it truly will.
Funny, my best friend is in Naperville! She loves it, but of course it is pricey. IT?! Is it strictly software or more systems engineering? Hope this sector grows in Charlotte before the price of real estate grows too much Thanks for the advice on the job,etc. You are right about envisioning yourself in something in life. I'll be sure to post when we hear.[/quote]

Oh yes, Naperville is no joke on the price of homes. It's really an incredible suburb of Chicago. I really enjoy their riverwalk which is so lovely, but I just can't afford to live there in this lifetime. The irony is that I can get a house twice as big but that I can afford and still live in a desirable location, and not have to deal with very brutal weather in the future. Naperville, does have some traffic congestion as well, but it is the kind of town that you can work, live and play.

As for me, I would be looking for and IT Project Manager position when I come on down to Miss Charlotte. I project manage both software and infrastructure projects. Yes, just keep seeing yourself in your house and doing the job that you want to do, and you will bring yourself that much closer to it. Today, I was having a block of negative energy, but as soon as I started to thinking positively literally the folks that I needed to contact me, contacted me - just like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte