Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 04:38 PM

4 posts, read 7,453 times

Advertisements

will be visiting charlotte soon and we need a hotel near the airport that is within walking distance to a restaurants(s). any suggestions?
thanks
Butch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 04:44 PM

763 posts, read 823,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrimes248 View Post
will be visiting charlotte soon and we need a hotel near the airport that is within walking distance to a restaurants(s). any suggestions?
thanks
Butch
I would ride the shuttle into the city and stay downtown.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:05 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,989,363 times
There are a bunch of motels around exit 33 off Rt. 85 that are within walking distance of a Waffle House & a Cracker Barrel. The Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel is also there. It has a restaurant inside it. But the reviews of it are two stars at best.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:58 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,554,916 times
You are very much out of luck with finding any decent restaurants within walking distance to a Hotel/Motel close to our airport. Weclome to the Queen City!

Old 11-30-2011, 07:30 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,712,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
You are very much out of luck with finding any decent restaurants within walking distance to a Hotel/Motel close to our airport.
Agreed. Although there are some decent business class hotels near the airport, the immediate surrounding area isn't the best. I would either take the suggestion noted above to take a shuttle or cab into the city (where you will have your pick of tons of great places) or opt for room service or delivery.

If you want to avoid downtown / rush-hour traffic between the airport and downtown, another option would be to take a cab / shuttle to the Ayrsley area (about a 15 minute drive - we live there and are in and out of CLT all the time) - there are two Hilton properties in Ayrsley (Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites) and there are several decent restaurants within that community that are a 1-2 block walk.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:47 AM

Do not go to the Mulberry Road, Little Rock road areas unless you want to stay in your hotels or eat at a ghetto buffet. Not a good area for walking. You might want to ask the informaton person at the airport for suggestions. Unfortunately, Charlotte has some growing to do as far as hotels in close proximity to the airport that are safe and walkable. That part of Charlotte used to be nice when the airport was younger.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:34 AM

812 posts, read 1,910,173 times
I agree with the other posters and would find another location to stay! Really just depends on where you are going and if you want to do anything besides stay in the room/eat.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:41 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,601,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
Do not go to the Mulberry Road, Little Rock road areas unless you want to stay in your hotels or eat at a ghetto buffet. Not a good area for walking. You might want to ask the informaton person at the airport for suggestions. Unfortunately, Charlotte has some growing to do as far as hotels in close proximity to the airport that are safe and walkable. That part of Charlotte used to be nice when the airport was younger.

;p My favorite mexican joint is right near that area. We actually ate there two nights ago.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
;p My favorite mexican joint is right near that area. We actually ate there two nights ago.
I was mostly thinking of a hotel stay and walking to the places. Not a good idea after sunset. I grew up in that part of Charlotte, westside. There are some places that I would eat on that side of town but wouldn't recommend to someone visiting and on foot. What is the Mexican restaurant? I might have to give it a shot.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:15 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,641,217 times
The downtown is so close and east to get to from the airport that I don't think there is a large incentive for anyone to build nice things out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte