Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 08:24 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,239,920 times

Advertisements

Early this year when I had 8 kittens I was rehoming, I nearly stepped on one who was almost the same color as my deck in dim light. Avoiding him made me fall one step down from level of my deck to the other. I'm a big guy, so the deck furniture was smacked out of the way. As I reached out to the deck railing to steady myself from falling further, I fell completely off the deck into my yard because I rolled my ankle over in the slip-on shoe I was wearing. It happened so fast that it must have looked like a cartoon, with arms and legs and furniture flailing.

The kitten who I'd avoided came over to the edge of the deck and yelled at me. This brought over the other kittens, who all stood at the edge of the deck, meowing loudly. I must have looked like a nutcase, lying on my back with my feet up the air, laughing my bruised butt off at the kittens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 08:39 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,503,004 times
Rec Warehouse
7945 Lyles Lane
Concord, NC, 28027
(704) 979-6900 Mon-Sat 10-6, Sun 12-5
Patio Furniture, Spas, Hot Tubs, Billiards and Pool Tables

this is near great wolf lodge or whatever it's called. behind BJ's, Iron Thunder, etc...

Old 12-19-2011, 08:43 AM

763 posts, read 822,822 times
Maybe you can hook a trolling motor to the side of the bathtub and start it up like they do on Squidbillies (12:45 am Mon. morn or 12:45 on Sunday night)? Be sure to add water though. Hope you recover soon.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:05 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,529,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTraveler View Post
My foot slipped off a narrow step and my leg dropped about 3 ft. down. The metal bracket scraped along my leg until it found a nice soft spot to embed itself. Ten stitches to close that one up.

Sort of funny because I have been relatively uninjured most of my life. Now that I am in my 60's, I am taking a beating. Just happy that I can handle pain fairly well and never took a day off because of these mishaps this year.

Sprains and backaches are what affect me the most, so I know how painful that must be for you. I really feel for you.

And this is not a good time of the year to be hurt. Cold weather is not going to help it.
Yes, it is weird - I slid and fell on the deck this summer. Now this.

That injury sounds awful, tho. Getting cut on top of the fall - oh my.

The weather definitely affects me these days - my sister says the barometric pressure also can trigger headaches and I think it does for me, as well. Then you add joint injuries/pain . . . not fun.

Maybe I need a trip to a Caribbean island . . . ??? Recuperation???

Old 12-19-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Early this year when I had 8 kittens I was rehoming, I nearly stepped on one who was almost the same color as my deck in dim light. Avoiding him made me fall one step down from level of my deck to the other. I'm a big guy, so the deck furniture was smacked out of the way. As I reached out to the deck railing to steady myself from falling further, I fell completely off the deck into my yard because I rolled my ankle over in the slip-on shoe I was wearing. It happened so fast that it must have looked like a cartoon, with arms and legs and furniture flailing.

The kitten who I'd avoided came over to the edge of the deck and yelled at me. This brought over the other kittens, who all stood at the edge of the deck, meowing loudly. I must have looked like a nutcase, lying on my back with my feet up the air, laughing my bruised butt off at the kittens.
OH NO! I am sorry - I had to giggle a bit at your description of the kitty giving you a dirty look and fussing at you!

I can just see the scene . . .

You could really have gotten hurt. Glad it wasn't worse.

I bet you felt the effects of that mishap for quite a while . . .

Old 12-19-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
Rec Warehouse
7945 Lyles Lane
Concord, NC, 28027
(704) 979-6900 Mon-Sat 10-6, Sun 12-5
Patio Furniture, Spas, Hot Tubs, Billiards and Pool Tables

this is near great wolf lodge or whatever it's called. behind BJ's, Iron Thunder, etc...
Eman, god bless ya! Thank you!

Yeah, looks like I am gonna have to call these guys. Was hoping to find someone who did this on the side or specialized in it. I fear the folks at Rec Warehouse will charge and arm and leg (and I only have one good leg at the moment).

But yeah . . . I suspect this is what I am gonna have to do. TY!

Old 12-19-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
Maybe you can hook a trolling motor to the side of the bathtub and start it up like they do on Squidbillies (12:45 am Mon. morn or 12:45 on Sunday night)? Be sure to add water though. Hope you recover soon.
Well, there's always this:

Redneck Hot Tub - YouTube

Old 12-19-2011, 11:09 AM

54 posts, read 194,746 times
Try: http://www.charlottespas.com/spa_service.htm We purchased a new cover from them and then discovered we needed a new motor--great service and nice guy (and his mom is nice too!)

Last edited by repotted; 12-19-2011 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: better link

Old 12-19-2011, 11:42 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,772,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
And I can't get up!

Well, no . . . I DID get back up . . . but twisted my ankle, wrenched my shoulder, slammed my wrist, etc etc.

And the jacuzzi is not working.

The one time I desperately need to soak . . . and hubby informs me it isn't working right. I think some problem with motor (DUH).

So . . . PLEASE HELP! I need the name of a repairman. Any suggesstions are much appreciated. I am assuming someone would have to know something about jacuzzi motors . . . ??? Otherwise, I would just call a good electrician.

Suggestions are very much appreciated. Now, back to the tylenol, and alternating the ice packs and heating pad.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:59 AM

642 posts, read 1,171,249 times
Oh Ani, I am really sorry to hear of your injury. I hope that you recover enough to enjoy Christmas. At our age (in my 60s too and recovering from a double knee replacement that went horribly wrong) we need to be constantly aware that gravity really does work - all the time.

My advice: Go to bed with a good book or, someone who has read one .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte