Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 05:30 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,766,427 times

Advertisements

I pay $74 a month for a Y Metro membership. That is for 3 of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 05:40 PM

40 posts, read 148,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
I pay $74 a month for a Y Metro membership. That is for 3 of us.
Ummmmm....I pay $92 per month for a Y Metro for 3 (2 adults and 1 child)!!! Wonder why they charge me more?

Old 11-18-2007, 05:43 PM

Don't know but thats what I pay. Been like that for a while. I signed up during a promotion but I'm almost positive they only waived the upfront fees.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:30 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,119 times
I just read that the Peak fitness at this location will only be open until 10pm. Is this true?

Old 12-04-2007, 04:33 AM

628 posts, read 2,077,677 times
I was told by them 24 hour Monday thru Saturday AM...Closes Sat night opens Sunday closes Sun night

Old 12-04-2007, 06:53 AM

777 posts, read 2,567,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happytobhere View Post
Ummmmm....I pay $92 per month for a Y Metro for 3 (2 adults and 1 child)!!! Wonder why they charge me more?
$74 for the family is also the "Young Adults" rate for family (ie - at least one Parent under 30 years old).

Old 12-04-2007, 07:43 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRKLYN2CLT View Post
I was told by them 24 hour Monday thru Saturday AM...Closes Sat night opens Sunday closes Sun night

I thought that myself. I hope its true as I like to go late at night.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:12 AM

4 posts, read 11,271 times
Sorry guys... I know it seems like everyone on here is excited about it. So no offense, but I am not looking forward to this. I live in the neighborhood right around the corner from where the peak/sports complex is going to be and I just don't think the location is good. As some of you know that live out in that area, the roads are horrible!!! Ardrey Kell, until just the past few weeks, was pretty much just a narrow 2 lane country road, between Marvin and Johnston Rds. Plus the new elementary school is going up on pretty much the same property!! That little road is not able to accomodate all of the traffic that is soon to come. Currently, the traffic has gotten so bad on Johnston Rd coming from SC that you can't even take a left on Ardrey Kell from Johnston anymore without running the red light. And they made Marvin Rd where you can't take a left onto Johnston anymore (which without eveything else going on was probably a good idea because of the amount of accidents), so you are forced to go down Ardrey Kell now.

I know this area is booming, that's why I bought my house in the area, but we are just not ready for all of the development yet. Get the roads and the traffic situation fixed first!!! I would hate if a child from the elementary school (where my children will go) got injured on Ardrey Kell because of the influx in traffic. First things first, a huge sports complex like that does not belong in a primarily residential area right next to a school.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer...

Old 12-04-2007, 10:19 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPAshley View Post
I know this area is booming, that's why I bought my house in the area, but we are just not ready for all of the development yet. Get the roads and the traffic situation fixed first!!! I would hate if a child from the elementary school (where my children will go) got injured on Ardrey Kell because of the influx in traffic. First things first, a huge sports complex like that does not belong in a primarily residential area right next to a school.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer...
You are causing the problems you are complaining about it. These statements don't make any sense. You moved into an area without adequate infrastructure adding more stress to it and now you are compalining about it. Move somewhere where the roads exist; buy an existing home. This facility obviously woudn't be opening if people like you hadn't moved there.

Last edited by groove1; 12-04-2007 at 10:39 AM..

Old 12-04-2007, 10:30 AM

Well I for one can't wait for the bowling alley to open up. Living on this side of town for so long and having to drive either to Matthews, Sedgefield area, or Montford Dr. is crazy. Now we will finally have a place to go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte