Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 10:23 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,655,411 times

Advertisements

I got a pizza for lunch at Papa Johns today and learned that they have Coke products for 50% off. They are switching to Pepsi (bastards) and are getting rid of the Coke. Not sure if it is all of them or not but the one on 51 in the HH Gregg plaza has them.

It's not mentioned online, you'd have to call in to ask or pick it up from the store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 10:29 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,752,353 times
Probably because coke won't take back what they have left and the expiration date could be a problem so they have to get rid of it quick....

Old 01-13-2012, 10:50 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,269,359 times
Coke is for mixing drinks. Pepsi is for drinking.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:09 AM

I hate when you go somewhere and order a Coke but they give you a Pepsi. If they tell me they only have Pepsi, I will just order a water.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:30 AM

2,781 posts, read 5,185,027 times
If it would be for me & my family, both Coke & Pepsi would be bankrupt.

I know that my view is not very popular, but in my opinion Coke & Pepsi are just as responsible as cigarette companies for poisoning people's health.
The overweight problem we have as a nation would be easily cured just by limiting soda consumption.

When thirsty, drink water. If you want to get some sugar, drink a freshly squeezed/blended fruit juice.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:36 AM

162 posts, read 401,548 times
bankrupt?!........but then what would I put my Captain Morgan in?

Old 01-13-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28173 View Post
If it would be for me & my family, both Coke & Pepsi would be bankrupt.

I know that my view is not very popular, but in my opinion Coke & Pepsi are just as responsible as cigarette companies for poisoning people's health.
The overweight problem we have as a nation would be easily cured just by limiting soda consumption.

When thirsty, drink water. If you want to get some sugar, drink a freshly squeezed/blended fruit juice.
Yes, the company is responsible. Not the person who is actually consuming the product. What fine thinking that is.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:57 AM

2,781 posts, read 5,185,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Yes, the company is responsible. Not the person who is actually consuming the product. What fine thinking that is.
Tobacco & Soda companies are responsible since their product is highly addictive, and they know it. Unfortunately most people have very little control over addictions.

Of course people should be responsible for what they consume, this is the reason I don't put McDonalds & similar in the same level with companies who sell unhealthy products. At least junk food is not as addictive as cigarettes & soda.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:25 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,752,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28173 View Post
Tobacco & Soda companies are responsible since their product is highly addictive, and they know it. Unfortunately most people have very little control over addictions.

Of course people should be responsible for what they consume, this is the reason I don't put McDonalds & similar in the same level with companies who sell unhealthy products. At least junk food is not as addictive as cigarettes & soda.
Addictions are voluntary whether they are cigarettes or soda or McDouble's. And yes junk food is just as addictive as these other products...just look around and see how fat people are.

I quit smoking 4 years ago cold turkey. I knew what the risks are and determined to stop. I don't desire to smoke anymore and think its really disgusting.

If people want to live an unhealthy lifestyle being obese or smoke themselves to death, let them go right ahead...banning doesn't work..we saw how prohibition went....lol

Old 01-13-2012, 12:38 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,146,240 times
Y'all know I'm a huge whole food advocate, but I still LOVE a Coke with pizza, burger, or wings. I don't think there's anything wrong with any food in moderation. Yes, I drink water when I'm thirsty, and most of the time it's all I drink, but if I'm going out for pizza, chances are I'll have a Coke.

Also true is that Coke > Pepsi. If it's a Pepsi place, I'll have water. I'll tell my husband about the Cokes at Papa Johns. Thanks for the tip, bs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte