Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 06:04 PM

123 posts, read 217,904 times

Advertisements

I don't know how the law can say a human is not created until a mother births it, CC0789. Must have been a law written for a man. Any woman that has carried a child, including myself, would argue with you a child is a part of you from the time its conceivedl a blessing from God. It takes a man to father a child, but a woman carries that child for nine months, feels that baby inside, and there is no more glorious feeling in the world than to feel that child move inside of you. This woman was not on the steps going into an abortion clinic. She was a young woman who was carrying her first child, full of excitement to become a mother, and killed in cold blood at her job. Not only was her life taken away, but the life of her baby. God did not mean for that child to be killed by murderer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 07:12 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,372,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen11 View Post
I don't know how the law can say a human is not created until a mother births it, CC0789. Must have been a law written for a man. Any woman that has carried a child, including myself, would argue with you a child is a part of you from the time its conceivedl a blessing from God. It takes a man to father a child, but a woman carries that child for nine months, feels that baby inside, and there is no more glorious feeling in the world than to feel that child move inside of you. This woman was not on the steps going into an abortion clinic. She was a young woman who was carrying her first child, full of excitement to become a mother, and killed in cold blood at her job. Not only was her life taken away, but the life of her baby. God did not mean for that child to be killed by murderer.
I don't mean to debate prochoice/prolife (but I am certainly not arguing prochoice, as I totally agree with you that what moved and kicked inside me was a child, not a choice) , its just that the new law (which I support) confused me because its obvious contradiction to existing law, which DOES allow abortion, by LEGALLY defining life at BIRTH (I don't agree with said law, I am just referring to the current law, regardless of my views). I was surprised nobody else thinks its contradicting, but after a little research on the new law, it indeed is. It is a pro-life law, that was heavily contested by pro-choice groups, because it does just that, gives a child a right to life at conception!
Intesting that most people that agree its a woman's right to have an abortion, probably all think this law is a great idea, without realizing that it was a huge victory for pro life.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:43 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
Quote:
I do not agree with CC079, I said I heard what he was saying. I do agree Cox took this baby's life and now he will pay for what he did to both the mother and baby. This was premeditated murder; he had it all planned out. Maybe next time people will think before they shoot a woman. You could be taking two lives instead of one. People like that don't care though' they think only of themselves and getting what they can. They don't care how many people whose lives will never be the same again. It will be a long time, if ever, if he gets out on the streets again to do something like this. They show no remorse, either.
If the death penalty were properly used, killing one or ten people wouldn't make any difference. One murder, one trial, one appeal, sentence carried out immediately afterward. No chance of that person ever killing someone else.

Quote:
If god didn't mean for it to happen, why did it?

Religion needs to be left out of rational conversations, and certainly out of law.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:26 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,372,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post

If god didn't mean for it to happen, why did it?

Its called free will.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:01 PM

123 posts, read 217,904 times
I can't speak for God. Maybe you should ask him yourself.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
We are slightly veering off topic, lets leave our personal view of religion out of this thread topic.
Thanks have a good week.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:49 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Default This low life makes me sick

Man admits he killed Flying Biscuit co-worker, report states | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

Old 01-23-2012, 02:59 PM

181 posts, read 353,446 times
flying biscuit has some serious explaining to do on their hiring practices. Have they issued a statement yet? A 25 year old manager(kind of young IMO) after only 5 weeks on the job,pregnant, closing a store with a violent felon.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:10 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
OMG. This is just so upsetting. Management should never have put an employee in a situation to be alone with Cox. He is obviously a violent person.

I notice management is being awfully quiet on the subject of background checks. To my knowledge, we have not heard if he was part of a felon "back to work" program, either.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:12 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC72 View Post
flying biscuit has some serious explaining to do on their hiring practices. Have they issued a statement yet? A 25 year old manager(kind of young IMO) after only 5 weeks on the job,pregnant, closing a store with a violent felon.
It sounds like no one should have been alone with this guy, especially a woman.

Y'all do know you can do your own background check on folks you work with. It may cost you some money, but there are all sorts of online companies that can pull up a lot of info even if you do not have someone's SS#. Felonies are public record. The only problem with that is . . . without a photo ID and SS# for verification, names CAN get mixed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte