Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 06:30 PM

545 posts, read 597,439 times

Advertisements

I voted against the amendment, but I can't for the life of me understand why gay folks are so adamant in embracing a frigging archaic, obsolete institution that will probably encompass a minority of Americans in about 30 years!!

In U.S., Proportion Married at Lowest Recorded Levels - Population Reference Bureau
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 06:46 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,630,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancenc View Post
I voted against the amendment, but I can't for the life of me understand why gay folks are so adamant in embracing a frigging archaic, obsolete institution that will probably encompass a minority of Americans in about 30 years!!

In U.S., Proportion Married at Lowest Recorded Levels - Population Reference Bureau

We was not voting for marriage yesterday as us gays knew there already a law.

We was voting to protect our rights to civil union and domestic partnership and protect all unmarried couples straight or gay including seniors.

We was voting to protect unseen circumstances that may happen to our partnership.
If my partner my Pookie, his life ends because of this voted for law I will not be compensated with benefits he saved.
Because of this law that was voted for if something happens to my love, I will have no say in his funeral,
Because of this law that was voted for if he has a life saving decision a hospital has to be made, I will have no say.

So it was more than voting on marriage.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 05-09-2012 at 06:56 PM..

Old 05-09-2012, 06:52 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,281,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagman View Post
I wouldn't be too proud to say you voted for it. I'd put it as being on the same level as being proud to say I voted for seperate water fountains back in the day.

Why not try tolerance instead of hate and bigotry? Open your mind. Use that thing on your head for something else other than a place to rest your nascar hat.
So anyone that doesn't agree with you is a racist, bigoted, redneck?

Speaking of closed minded...

Old 05-09-2012, 07:03 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,549,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
We was not voting for marriage yesterday as us gays knew there already a law.

We was voting to protect our rights to civil union and domestic partnership and protect all unmarried couples straight or gay including seniors.

We was voting to protect unseen circumstances that may happen to our partnership.
If my partner my Pookie, his life ends because of this voted for law I will not be compensated with benefits he saved.
Because of this law that was voted for if something happens to my love, I will have no say in his funeral,
Because of this law that was voted for if he has a life saving decision a hospital has to be made, I will have no say.

So it was more than voting on marriage.

Oh good grief sunny, of course you would have a say so....who else would the funeral home turn to, other than perhaps family? And yes, you would have a say so in other matters as you would be considered "next of kin".

This is a ridiculous as the whole mantra of how this vote would effect domestic violence and how all of a sudden in would be legal to slap, hit, kick, beat on others. Good grief the drama of it all.....

Old 05-09-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Oh good grief sunny, of course you would have a say so....who else would the funeral home turn to, other than perhaps family? And yes, you would have a say so in other matters as you would be considered "next of kin".

This is a ridiculous as the whole mantra of how this vote would effect domestic violence and how all of a sudden in would be legal to slap, hit, kick, beat on others. Good grief the drama of it all.....
This is reality of ramification of this voted for law, I am not family so I am not next to kin. When the legal papers are filled out, my input will not mean anything.

This video is evidence of what will happen because of this voted law.

It Could Happen To You - YouTube

Old 05-09-2012, 07:16 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,917,230 times
Quote:
This is reality of ramification of this voted for law, I am not family so I am not next to kin. When the legal papers are filled out, my input will not mean anything.

[/url]
All you and your pookie have to do is give each other legal power of attorney and healthcare power of attorney for each other and your input will be EVERYTHING

See a lawyer to draw up the paperwork okay?

Old 05-09-2012, 07:30 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,549,711 times
Quote:

This video is evidence of what will happen because of this voted law.

It Could Happen To You - YouTube

Of course it will..it happens every single day. Sit and think that through sunny....you will see the ridiculousness of it.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:47 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,378,175 times
Quote:
If my partner my Pookie, his life ends because of this voted for law I will not be compensated with benefits he saved..
the word you are looking for is "beneficiary", not "marriage"

Quote:
Because of this law that was voted for if something happens to my love, I will have no say in his funeral,.
the word you are looking for is "checkbook", not "marriage"

Quote:
the word you are looking for is "power of attorney", not "marriage"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Good grief the drama of it all.....
^this

Old 05-09-2012, 07:55 PM

We have no sugar daddy you guys mention things that involve lots of money that we will never have, but who cares we are going to hell in your eyes by the way you voted--- so peace..

Old 05-09-2012, 07:59 PM

504 posts, read 803,284 times
To me it is not about a choice, it’s about a fundamental right and the 14th Amendment is very clear. It says, ‘equal protections under the law’ and right now in America we have second-class citizenship set-up where certain Americans can have privileges that certain Americans do not enjoy and that is just wrong. Voting on equal rights is wrong, it does not belong on a ballot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte