Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 06:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,751 times

Advertisements

I am a 25 year old from Miami. I just moved to North Carolina (dont ask why lol, i get it alot) but I am currently looking to move to the Uptown area for this is the only area with some city life that attracts me. I live the vibe of the area and the accessiblity.

I am lookng to rent becuase im not sure how long I will be staying in NC. But i want to rent a spot in/near Uptown (or an area like it) a one bedroom for no more then 900/month.

Can anyone help me out?
Please and thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 06:48 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,828,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisewords07 View Post
I am a 25 year old from Miami. I just moved to North Carolina (dont ask why lol, i get it alot) but I am currently looking to move to the Uptown area for this is the only area with some city life that attracts me. I live the vibe of the area and the accessiblity.

I am lookng to rent becuase im not sure how long I will be staying in NC. But i want to rent a spot in/near Uptown (or an area like it) a one bedroom for no more then 900/month.

Can anyone help me out?
Please and thanks a lot!
Your budget is just not quite big enough for too many decent places uptown I'm afraid.

You could try Post Gateway though if you MUST be uptown.

How about just outside of uptown?

Old 05-14-2012, 06:55 PM

2 posts, read 2,751 times
im willing to go outside of uptown as long as it is close... i need access to the city.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisewords07 View Post
im willing to go outside of uptown as long as it is close... i need access to the city.
Okay, then look at Eastover Ridge right down 4th (Randolph Rd) outside of uptown or The Regency in the Cotswold neighborhood for starters

Old 05-15-2012, 07:38 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,027,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Okay, then look at Eastover Ridge right down 4th (Randolph Rd) outside of uptown or The Regency in the Cotswold neighborhood for starters
Eastover Ridge is an OK option but it isn't "just outside" of uptown and it doesn't really have the accessibility the OP is looking for.

I would recommend the OP drive around Dilworth and Elizabeth and look for individually owned duplexes and small houses for rent. If you don't mind an older place, you can definitely find one for under 900. Uptown will be tough unless you're OK with a studio. If you can spare $150 more a month, though, you can find what you're looking for uptown.

NoDa is another option. It's further from town but you can definitely find a place in your budget there. Fat City Lofts on Davidson migth be a good place to start.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
Eastover Ridge is an OK option but it isn't "just outside" of uptown and it doesn't really have the accessibility the OP is looking for.

I would recommend the OP drive around Dilworth and Elizabeth and look for individually owned duplexes and small houses for rent. If you don't mind an older place, you can definitely find one for under 900. Uptown will be tough unless you're OK with a studio. If you can spare $150 more a month, though, you can find what you're looking for uptown.

NoDa is another option. It's further from town but you can definitely find a place in your budget there. Fat City Lofts on Davidson migth be a good place to start.
I can be from Eastover Ridge to the center of Trade and Tryon in 4 minutes in non rush hour times (which is when it sounds like the OP wants to go uptown - for the night life), so yes, I consider that "right outside of uptown".

And btw, Eastover Ridge is a quicker drive to uptown than from Fat City Lofts.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I can be from Eastover Ridge to the center of Trade and Tryon in 4 minutes in non rush hour times (which is when it sounds like the OP wants to go uptown - for the night life), so yes, I consider that "right outside of uptown".
So you drive 60 in a 35/25 zone? In front of a hospital? Loves, loves, loves. It's a little less than 4 miles from Trade and Tryon. No way you're making that in 4 minutes.

Quote:
And btw, Eastover Ridge is a quicker drive to uptown than from Fat City Lofts.
They're both about 10 minutes downtown. Fat City has accessibility to nightlife right outside its doors.

The OP also asked for a place in, near or "like" uptown. The area around Eastover Ridge is nothing "like" uptown as there is 0 nightlife or much else nearby. It's not a place I would recommend to someone looking for a "citylike experience"

Old 05-15-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
So you drive 60 in a 35/25 zone? In front of a hospital? Loves, loves, loves. It's a little less than 4 miles from Trade and Tryon. No way you're making that in 4 minutes.

They're both about 10 minutes downtown. Fat City has accessibility to nightlife right outside its doors.

The OP also asked for a place in, near or "like" uptown. The area around Eastover Ridge is nothing "like" uptown as there is 0 nightlife or much else nearby. It's not a place I would recommend to someone looking for a "citylike experience"
Sorry to disagree, but it's a roughly 3 mile trip (maybe 3.5) from Eastover Ridge to uptown - I can do that in 4 minutes in non rush hour times - NO WAY does it take 10 minutes.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:32 AM

15,357 posts, read 12,672,879 times
Dilworth, Elizabeth, SouthEnd...

Old 05-15-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Sorry to disagree, but it's a roughly 3 mile trip (maybe 3.5) from Eastover Ridge to uptown - I can do that in 4 minutes in non rush hour times - NO WAY does it take 10 minutes.
I guess if you speed by the hospital and justice center and get all the lights on 4th street you could make it in four minutes. But I live in uptown and occasionally shop at the Cotswold HT late at night after the uptown one closes. It takes me a little more than 12 minutes to get there.

Also, Google Maps assumes speed limit driving and plugs the drive to Trade and Tryon at 11 minutes, longer than the 7 minutes from Fat City.

It depends on the OP's priorities, but I think someone who wants the city life would rather live in a places with bars and restaurants in walking distance rather than a place with nothing in walking distance (except the Mint Museum and the Billingsly mental hospital)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte