Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 08:46 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,873,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
If I were gay I would be the total flaming, boa wearing, assless chaps wearing, cross dressing queen wearing a shirt that said "I'm hear, I'm *****, Blow Me!"

...aaaand there is my point. You can be that trashy, classless dweeb all you want, but don't expect the rest of us to sit back and "accept" it. It is more about "that" segment of the gay population that I, and many others like me, have a problem with. We don't go around in San Fransisco with shirts proclaiming "I'm Late, I'm Straight, Where are the hookers?".

Old 06-01-2012, 08:49 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,873,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
If gays really wanted to be treated the same they wouldn't make being gay such a big deal.
It takes unbiased common sense to understand this concept.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:19 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,570 times
I believe you think too highly of yourself Peyton. No one really gives a **** what you think about "that" segment of gays. I, along with other posters, were trying to point out to you why many gays feel the need or the desire to have a gay pride parade. It is who they are and they feel like they are trying to be shamed into the closet. You don't get it, you can't grasp it, that's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
Hate is a normal, natural human emotion or state of mind. To act against it is futile and perhaps a bit silly. It's good to embrace hate, as it can be put to constructive use. To try and eliminate it, or rail against it, is as troubling and unrealistic as trying to coax gays and lesbians to "give up" their lifestyle and sexual orientation. So let's be consistent if we are all for acceptance and tolerance - let's tolerate the haters, too. Like the poor, they will always be with us.
I mean this with all sincerity looking4home, I feel bad for you if acting against hate is futile or silly in your world. Yes there is hate and there always will be, but if you think standing up for people who are constantly being bullied, shamed or in this particular case having religious leaders direct their flock towards hating them is troubling then there is no way I would ever be able to connect with you on an intellectual or logical level and it's pointless to even try.

It's so simple for anyone who can set their pride or prejiduce to the side to understand that when it literally comes down to talking about people's right to hate vs people's right to love it's a pretty black & white issue. One is clearly wrong the other is obviously right, there really is no way around it. Looking at it biblically the Bible mentions homosexuality in passing but the overall message is to LOVE ONE ANOTHER. Looking at it from a non-biblical standpoint I don't know about some of you people but I'd much rather have my child grow up in a world where the intollerant & the hate mongers were the outcasts not the people who are simply trying to live their lives being themselves and daring to ask for the same liberty as everyone in this country is promised by the constitution.

This whole thread boils down to hate vs love. A guy who wants to kill off an entire group of human beings who has his supporters, even those who "don't really believe they should be killed, but you know....he was speaking the truth" vs a group of people who understand that discrimination is wrong, and preaching hatred from the pulpit goes against every single thing the Bible is about. Don't kid yourself, that's what this whole argument is really about. There is a clear cut right & wrong but as someone once said "for those who get it no explanation is needed, for those who don't no explanation will ever do" and that's what we have here, I'm tired of going round and round with people who are too hard hearted to have compassion for their fellow man, too ignorant to answer some very direct questions that were posed over and over and over again about cherry picking which sins are the really bad ones, and too filled with ignorance to understand that they just don't get it. DOMA has been rightfully deemed unconstitutional, it's just a matter of time before homosexuals are finally granted equal rights. So to continue this argument here is pointless. I'm done with this thread.

God Bless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte