Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2012, 09:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,446 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I'm staying in Charlotte this Summer, I've done some research, but I wanted the expertise of the locals, here is my short list.

HYATT house Charlotte Center City (aka Hotel Sierra)
Hilton Charlotte University Place
Aloft Ballantyne

Are these hotels in safe areas? Have you stayed in them? If so, what did you think of them. All help is great!

-Thanks -soxsroxs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 02:27 PM

184 posts, read 467,506 times
In order of preference:

Hyatt House - you're near more restaurants, museums, attractions, etc.
Aloft Ballantyne - haven't been yet, but it's newer and in the more desireable part of town
Hilton University - its the oldest property of the 3 and there's nothing to do in the Univ. area

They're all located in safe areas.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:01 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,980,539 times
^That's pretty much accurate. The aLoft in Ballantyne is nice (as they all are), but it's pretty isolated. I'd stay at Hyatt House first; it's new and is within walking distance of a lot of stuff. The other two are in pure suburbia and you have to drive to stuff.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:06 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,348,792 times
Depends on what "stuff" you're referring to, as the OP didn't really say what they were doing while in Charlotte. While it is pretty much suburbia, there are quite a few restaurants nearby the Hilton. There are a few pretty much in the same parking lot, and several more just across the street.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:41 PM

365 posts, read 499,795 times
There are things to do in the Univ area

Old 06-05-2012, 12:43 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,022,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
^That's pretty much accurate. The aLoft in Ballantyne is nice (as they all are), but it's pretty isolated. I'd stay at Hyatt House first; it's new and is within walking distance of a lot of stuff. The other two are in pure suburbia and you have to drive to stuff.
The Hilton University Place is walkable to several bars and restaurants on the lake at the Shoppes at University Place. It also has one of the best restaurants in town inside the hotel.

There will be more stuff to do at the Hyatt House downtown, sure. But my question would be how long you are planning to stay in Charlotte and where you will need to be going within the city on a daily basis? All of these on on different sides of the city quite far apart from one another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: