Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 04:43 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,035,679 times

Advertisements

Second (third?) the prime rib from Harpers at SouthPark. I am a Chicagoan and very particular about my steaks. Harpers has the best prime rib in Charlotte. (IMHO)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 04:51 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,728,204 times
Back when I was eating on the corporate dime, every time the big boss came to town, we went to the Capitol Grille. It was always excellent and it was always prime rib. It has been some years, and things change, but it was good, back in the day!

Old 07-11-2012, 05:58 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,222,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Back when I was eating on the corporate dime, every time the big boss came to town, we went to the Capitol Grille. It was always excellent and it was always prime rib. It has been some years, and things change, but it was good, back in the day!
I've not been to CG, but for at least this go round I'm not looking to drop big dollars. Seems like Harper's is the consensus so far. I'd rather go back to them than risk a bad experience at another (relatively) budget oriented restaurant. But I'm still open to suggestions!

Old 07-12-2012, 05:53 AM

107 posts, read 201,278 times
Default prime rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I've not been to CG, but for at least this go round I'm not looking to drop big dollars. Seems like Harper's is the consensus so far. I'd rather go back to them than risk a bad experience at another (relatively) budget oriented restaurant. But I'm still open to suggestions!
Not sure where you live or how far you would drive. There is a little Place up by Highland Creek called Pippas. He runs specials Th-Sun. One of his specials is Prime Rib, blackened or not. Comes with garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus, and salad I believe. We have had it twice and both times it was REALLY good. Give it a try, let me know what you think!

Old 07-12-2012, 09:45 AM

1,139 posts, read 2,361,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I'm sure some will turn their nose up at this, but Texas Roadhouse prime rib is not bad especially for the price point. If you are looking for a good, inexpensive one it fits the bill.

I will say that the quality has varied from visit to visit, but it is usually OK.

I enjoy it as well an it fits my budget quite well.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:26 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,353,822 times
What about Long Horn or Outback?

Old 07-14-2012, 09:45 AM

1,139 posts, read 2,361,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
What about Long Horn or Outback?
I liked outback and swore by it but sometimes the cuts are dry and tough soI gave up on it. Haven't been in years. Cannot remembef eating a primerib at Longhorn. Will have to try it next time.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:21 PM

518 posts, read 2,060,944 times
Tavern at the Mills (across the street from Concord Mills) has a very good prime rib. It comes with a sweet sauce on the outside (my husband didn't really like that), but it was a great piece of meat. It's a BBQ place. Really great place, we like it better than Sticky Fingers.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:07 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,222,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I'm sure some will turn their nose up at this, but Texas Roadhouse prime rib is not bad especially for the price point. If you are looking for a good, inexpensive one it fits the bill.

I will say that the quality has varied from visit to visit, but it is usually OK.
I just looked at the TR menu, and they don't specify that the "Prime Rib" is actually prime grade meat. Considering the ribeye and prime rib are the same price, I think they're serving choice grade for all their beef cuts.

Sigh...

Old 07-15-2012, 03:26 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,799,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I just looked at the TR menu, and they don't specify that the "Prime Rib" is actually prime grade meat. Considering the ribeye and prime rib are the same price, I think they're serving choice grade for all their beef cuts.

Sigh...
I would venture to say that almost all chain steakhouses serve choice or worse grade meat. Prime meat only represents 2% of all the beef served in the US.

Prime rib is a cut of meat, not a statement of grade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte