Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 11:49 AM

341 posts, read 761,571 times

Advertisements

Metropolitan is really great so that could work too.

Now that I think about it more, what I was thinking of kind of resembles Union Square in San Francisco (obviously it would be smaller), or Americana at Brand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 12:08 PM

126 posts, read 296,027 times
There's defiantly room for expansion. Never really thought about it until now.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:25 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
Oh, no I am most certainly not talking about you. Haha I'm talking about the Atlanta user, definitely not you. I shop at Belk, Macy's, Nordstrom, and Neimans. I have bought a thing or 2 from Saks and Dillard's, and almost have bough from Bloomingdales, so I basically shop everywhere, except Sears or JCP, but who shops at Sears anymore anyway? Lol

Actually one day I hope Charlotte becomes strong enough to have retail downtown. I have Imagined a lovely shopping center open up in downtown. It has a lovely park with fountains and greenery in the middle with the shops situated in a square around the center, even though it would be a development, it would look more like the stores just opened there themselves, kind of. Kind of like a smaller, more upscale version of Atlantic Station. Of course, the anchors would be a Bloomingdales and Saks Fifth Avenue.
I am with you on the downtown shopping . . . and I can envision Bloomie's and Saks right now in my head, lol.

I will have to say - for household things - I do check out Sears. Just found an outdoor deck box at Sears, marked down lower than any place in town or even online. And I recently purchased some window shades from JCP. So for household things, there are times I do shop at both those stores. I am a big bargain shopper, so wherever the markdowns and sales are, that is where I am gonna be.

For fashion and cosmetics . . . I am going to be at upscale stores. I want the experience of spending my money in a relaxed, upscale atmosphere, and I want a big selection of the brand names I know work for me, whether cosmetics or clothing/shoes. I also like quirky boutiques, but will avoid them if their dressing rooms are dismal.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I am with you on the downtown shopping . . . and I can envision Bloomie's and Saks right now in my head, lol.

I will have to say - for household things - I do check out Sears. Just found an outdoor deck box at Sears, marked down lower than any place in town or even online. And I recently purchased some window shades from JCP. So for household things, there are times I do shop at both those stores. I am a big bargain shopper, so wherever the markdowns and sales are, that is where I am gonna be.
JCP actually has a pretty good home department, and I like they have a Sephora in many locations (of course they don't in Asheville, haha).

Again, if Sears has good deals on home products then I wouldn't mind going there. I love getting good deals, and really no matter how cheap or expensive the store is.

It's the same for me. For clothing, accessories or cosmetics I love the good brands like Kiehls, The Art of Shaving, Philosophy, Gucci, Lacoste, Burberry, Ralph Lauren, etc. But for other things like home Ikea, Target, etc will do.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:44 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagrown View Post
I prefer to shop in Charlotte because it feels safer and newer than Lenox/Phipps or Atlanta in general.
OK, that's different. I can understand preferring to shop in Charlotte (Southpark in particular) because it's less crowded and there's less traffic, but I don't really get the safer/newer aspect.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
OK, that's different. I can understand preferring to shop in Charlotte (Southpark in particular) because it's less crowded and there's less traffic, but I don't really get the safer/newer aspect.
SouthPark is more newly renovated than any of the malls in Atlanta. I have been to Lenox a few times and I have been a little worried in some parts, but I've never felt that way at SouthPark.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
SouthPark is more newly renovated than any of the malls in Atlanta. I have been to Lenox a few times and I have been a little worried in some parts, but I've never felt that way at SouthPark.
SouthPark might be more newly renovated, but Lenox hasn't had any roof or parking deck collapses in recent memory either. From a structural standpoint, I'd definitely give "safer" to Lenox.

In what parts of Lenox have you been "worried"? And if so, I'm willing to bet it has nothing to do with the physical structure of the mall itself. I certainly don't recall any recent incidents there that would be cause for concern.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
SouthPark might be more newly renovated, but Lenox hasn't had any roof or parking deck collapses in recent memory either. From a structural standpoint, I'd definitely give "safer" to Lenox.

In what parts of Lenox have you been "worried"? And if so, I'm willing to bet it has nothing to do with the physical structure of the mall itself. I certainly don't recall any recent incidents there that would be cause for concern.
The parking deck collapse had nothing to do with the structure. Besides, Lenox is newer so that's not really comparable.

By safer, I'm not talking about the structure. I am saying that I feel like there would be more crime there. I know that SouthPark may not be the safest place, but I don't think too many people are concerned there.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
The parking deck collapse had nothing to do with the structure. Besides, Lenox is newer so that's not really comparable.

By safer, I'm not talking about the structure. I am saying that I feel like there would be more crime there. I know that SouthPark may not be the safest place, but I don't think too many people are concerned there.
I've heard this same song before about places in Atlanta and the city in general, which is code for "too many Black people." But the actual crime stats don't reflect your concerns.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:22 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,909,481 times
Quote:
I've heard this same song before about places in Atlanta and the city in general, which is code for "too many Black people." But the actual crime stats don't reflect your concerns.
Exactly!!!! This I never understood LOL I prefer Lenox/ Phipps because of the variety of stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte