Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2012, 07:30 PM

5 posts, read 9,257 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have put in an offer for a home in Charlotte. We are really excited to finally move back closer to family! I've read the school report cards and the ABCs, but wanted to get some first hand, personal experience from parents who have their kids in these schools.
E: mallard creek
M: ridge road
H: mallard creek

Any input, good and bad, would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 04:27 PM

518 posts, read 2,061,478 times
My two sons attended Mallard Creek Elementary (98-2002?), then it was a good school. The principal that was there when we started was awesome, great staff; then a new principal came and it was awful, I stopped volunteering as often. I think that principal is now gone. I cannot comment on how it is now, I do know they've added trailers again, so it may be a little over-crowded. Its' probably not a bad school.

I always suggest people look at the free and reduced lunch percentage, I say if it's over 30%, not too good.

Ridge Road (mine went to Alexander), cannot comment, only say what I've heard, is not too good, but that was only one person I knew that had a child in middle school.

Mallard Creek HS, again started with the best principal (Ms. Rea-came from Vance). My older son was a graduate of 2009-the first graduating class (he went 2 years at Vance; 2 years at MC). The next principal, I feel she had a different agenda for the school. I participated in the Athletic Booster Club and after three years and alot of disappointing decisions, decided to leave. My younger son graduated in 2011 (the first class to have attended all 4 years of MC), his last year was not so good. I think the staff is great for the most part (you always get some bad teachers). I don't think it's a bad school, better than North Meck and Vance even Hopewell. The school is still making "traditions". They did get a new principal, which I know nothing about. I wouldn't have a problem with my boys going there now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: