Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 02:52 PM

3 posts, read 9,053 times

Advertisements

If so, what has your experience been? Are any of their communities gated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2007, 05:15 PM

221 posts, read 747,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemay324 View Post
If so, what has your experience been? Are any of their communities gated?
Yes, I have a lot hold at the Meadows. I love it! I just went to NJ to look at 2 models, because they only have the Raleigh. It was beautiful! Are you interested.
No there is no gated communities in Marvin, they are not allowed by the village I was told. You can get gated in Weddington.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:37 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,398,924 times
Where is the Meadows??? and can u give me some info?? who is the builder if you dont mind me asking?? as im in NJ and would love to know which builder??

Old 01-17-2007, 05:50 PM

55 posts, read 175,674 times
Default Toll Brothers

The Meadows is the next phase of Marvin Creek for Toll Brothers. They include basement lots and third floor when available.

go to www.marvincreek.com - click on meadows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
Where is the Meadows??? and can u give me some info?? who is the builder if you dont mind me asking?? as im in NJ and would love to know which builder??

Old 01-17-2007, 05:54 PM

gotcha thank you...We are looking to buy a newer resale in quellin or or hunter oaks also looking in Cureton...I like toll brothers but alot of upgrades and alot of money

they build a beautiful house though, very popular here in NJ ive sold quiet a few of them in the 800's

good luck to you

staci....Im looking in the developments that will be going to the new Marvin Ridge MS and Marvin Ridge HS...

Old 01-17-2007, 05:55 PM

The builder is toll brothers and the community is an extension of Marvin Creek. They have like 4 or 5 different series. The meadows is in the $600-$800 plus price point. It is .75 to 1 acre lots. The other price points can go into $1million and as low as high $500k (Carolinas which is sold out). The Meadows is right off of Joe Kerr Rd & Marvin School Rd. This community has great amenities (pool, lazy river, clubhouse, tennis).
Other communities are firethorne & Providence ($1mill plus), Briddle Path (Orleans builders no amenities) at $650-$900 plus.
I went to Weddington too, which is about $50k less, but the property is .3 to .5. Anything on 1 acre (Waybridge, Quintessa) will be closer to $800-million.
There is a new development in Waxhaw (Cureton) which seems to be very popular. The builders I know of are MI and Standard Pacific. I saw the MI homes and they were beautiful, only thing is property is .25 and I want .75 to 1 acre. Lawson is also pretty and popular in Waxhaw.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:58 PM

Marvin Creek is expensive on their options and they do NOT negotiate. It is crazy but they just don't need your business they will sell to someone else. Only thing you can work on is maybe the lot premium.
Note that the Meadows does not include the basements anymore but they lowered the price by about $30k so now people can put that $ to anyother part of the house and not to anything if you dont want to spend the $$.

Old 01-17-2007, 06:14 PM

55 posts, read 175,674 times
Default Pass

We liked Marvin Creek but the arrogance of the sales staff in the Estates was a big turnoff. We eventually bought in Bridle Path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threesons View Post
Marvin Creek is expensive on their options and they do NOT negotiate. It is crazy but they just don't need your business they will sell to someone else. Only thing you can work on is maybe the lot premium.
Note that the Meadows does not include the basements anymore but they lowered the price by about $30k so now people can put that $ to anyother part of the house and not to anything if you dont want to spend the $$.

Old 01-17-2007, 06:25 PM

great info thanks everyone and Three i agree with you because they are that way here in NJ too...I guess they figure your spending 800's dollars they dont need to go down on anything..LOL...Cureton is beautiful I have almost an acre now and do not want that much land to have to deal with....Not sure if we want to build again..maybe they will have a spec house..we fell in love with the Standard Pacific home it was 3700 sq ft.....

Old 01-17-2007, 07:47 PM

4 posts, read 10,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodogs View Post
We liked Marvin Creek but the arrogance of the sales staff in the Estates was a big turnoff. We eventually bought in Bridle Path.
You should be happy. She was dismissed already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte