Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 07:01 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,489,202 times

Advertisements

Can you even get a home for 1M there? The ones we saw were 2.4 and 2.5 million!

The Sedgefield home area has been rezoned to be part of Marvin. It was unincorporated Union County before but had a Waxhaw address because this area uses the Waxhaw post office.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz View Post
Sedgefield is gated (don't think it is actually part of Marvin, though), but for a million minimum it better be. Providence Downs South just put up one gate on New Town Road, but the other is still open. (all the construction needs a way to go in and out!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 05:16 AM

13 posts, read 47,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMOMOFTWO View Post
great info thanks everyone and Three i agree with you because they are that way here in NJ too...I guess they figure your spending 800's dollars they dont need to go down on anything..LOL...Cureton is beautiful I have almost an acre now and do not want that much land to have to deal with....Not sure if we want to build again..maybe they will have a spec house..we fell in love with the Standard Pacific home it was 3700 sq ft.....
Does Cureton have any amenities? Pool? Tennis? Clubhouse?

Old 06-14-2007, 05:50 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,168,237 times
I know Cureton has a pool -- you can see the slide from 16...I also believe they have a clubhouse, playground, pond, recreation area and walking trails.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:08 PM

513 posts, read 2,111,576 times
Doesn't Cureton have Union County's new sewage plant in its backyard? I saw a picture in the paper last week with a lovely view of the sewage plant from a back yard in Cureton. Yuck. Check out Brookhaven in Indian Trail/Union Cty. Big clubhouse with fitness center, great pool - 1 olympic sized, a kid's pool with fountains, a lazy river, and a giant water slide. There are also walking trails. Also, basketball court, tennis courts, kids playground. There are 3 different home neighborhoods, ranging from high 300's to 900's. HOA dues are $875 a year. Not Weddington schools, but Antioch Elem isn't bad, plus it's right next door to Brookhaven. John Wieland is the builder and has a good reputation.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:34 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,376,134 times
With all due respect It stinks..dont mean to offend anyone, we were going to buy a spec home through standard pacific but after being there so many different times from Dec Feb and April..the smell really is hurendious ...so we decided against it..

but I so love that clubhouse and those homes...

Old 06-17-2007, 09:24 AM

What stinks? Cureton area? That would be the sewage plant!!

Old 06-17-2007, 08:34 PM

yes Marb exactly if the plant wasnt there Id be living there, as like I said I just love that development...

Old 06-18-2007, 07:14 AM

22 posts, read 23,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marblmom View Post
What stinks? Cureton area? That would be the sewage plant!!
That is simply not true, do not let people fool you. Yes there is a water treatment plant near Cureton, No it does not smell every day. Yes it is at and over capacity and yes it is being expanded I believe the smell comes from days when the plant is over capacity. I have lived in Union for a little over a year now and I may have smelt an odor on less than a handful of occasions. And the smell is not a long lasting smell...Once the plant is expanded I do not believe smell will be an issue. I know alot of people who built in Cureton and are very happy. I shop at Cureton and have no issues on a daily basis with smell.....

Old 06-18-2007, 08:13 AM

I know some people over there who say the smell is so bad on some days that they need to stay inside, and they are looking to move. I know others who say they've never noticed a smell. It still isn't too nice to look at from your backyard - if you are one of those unfortunate people who can see it. Anyway...maybe some people have a more sensitive sense of smell! Personally, I am often over that way and on some days I notice it as soon as I get out of my car. Have you been there on a hot, humid day?

Old 06-18-2007, 10:04 AM

I was there in all times bad weather non humid, humid rain no rain in the cold and I was there in the winter and yes it was bad...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte