Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 05:17 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,658,895 times

Advertisements

Heard of Yard Art Day? I'm so excited about it! Can't wait to ride around on Monday, checking it all out.

» Yard Art Day

Artists and not-identified-as-artists, pro and amateur, are creating and placing some type of art in their yard on Monday, September 3rd.

Love this quote from the instigator:

“It is my dream that for one day people remember that child within them that likes to play creatively without any judgment or restraint. And to show the world that Charlotte is so much more than a banking town. And for us all to get insight into the city in which we live – to cross neighborhood boundaries. To be inclusive. Art can do this.”

- Deborah Triplett, Yard Art Day creator

It's not too late to sign up! Native_Son, maybe you can put some of your metalwork out!

Last edited by CharlotteGal; 08-31-2012 at 05:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 07:00 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,562,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
Heard of Yard Art Day? I'm so excited about it! Can't wait to ride around on Monday, checking it all out.

» Yard Art Day

Artists and not-identified-as-artists, pro and amateur, are creating and placing some type of art in their yard on Monday, September 3rd.

“It is my dream that for one day people remember that child within them that likes to play creatively without any judgment or restraint. And to show the world that Charlotte is so much more than a banking town. And for us all to get insight into the city in which we live – to cross neighborhood boundaries. To be inclusive. Art can do this.”

It's not too late to sign up! Native_Son, maybe you can put some of your metalwork out!
Love this! I hope folks are participating!

Old 09-02-2012, 07:26 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,204,596 times
Quote:

» Yard Art Day

You kidding me? I've been all over this mutha!!

Lol. Seriously though, I'm mapped up!

Old 09-02-2012, 07:28 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,204,596 times
BTW, I'm repping any positive post in this thread.

Sorry Ani, evidently I rep you too much.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
You kidding me? I've been all over this mutha!!

Lol. Seriously though, I'm mapped up!

Glad to hear it!! Gonna share your address??

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Love this! I hope folks are participating!
Last I checked, there were a little over 250 people participating! And that's for the first year.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:08 AM

80 posts, read 121,675 times
I'm excited about this. I will be riding around with my son who is autistic and thrives from the visual aspect of art! He will love this. Thanks for the info CharlotteGal !

Old 09-02-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
BTW, I'm repping any positive post in this thread.

Sorry Ani, evidently I rep you too much.
LOL! That's okay - I repped you! It's all good!

Please take photos! That could be fun and unfortunately, I will not be able drive around and see these wonderful works of creativity!

Old 09-03-2012, 12:29 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,986,795 times
I am hoping to reel in my hose by tomorrow. Forgive me, but I just had to add the fertilizer sprayer before the "Fall" actually came. Remember....... One man's junk is another man's art!!!!

Old 09-03-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
LOL! That's okay - I repped you! It's all good!

Please take photos! That could be fun and unfortunately, I will not be able drive around and see these wonderful works of creativity!
Ani, the Facebook group is public - lots of photos there!

Yard Art Day facebook group | Facebook

Old 09-03-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Ani, the Facebook group is public - lots of photos there!

Yard Art Day facebook group | Facebook
Excellent idea! Will go join . . . and I will spread the word. This is great! Thank you for sharing that info, CharlotteGal!

Last edited by brokensky; 09-03-2012 at 07:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte