Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 05:01 AM

221 posts, read 358,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA_NC View Post
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...nment/rx1KDYTs

Lots of people from Charlotte and state of nc want to secede..

Am I the only foreseeing a civil war?

100000 people want to secede after Obama got elected.
BBC News - US election: Unhappy Americans ask to secede from US

did everyone see the part that said ?
"Most of the 20 states with petitions voted for Republican Mitt Romney."

I don't see the governors or the senators from those states signing any secede petition.
By the time they get enough signatures they might have a Republican back in the White House
and then they probably will withdraw the petition.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:04 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,556,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
The Conch Republic! I think there are still a few people that maintain the campaign, complete with proposed laws and and government structure.

There are actually quite a few long-standing secession movements all over America. I recently learned about the "Republic of Cascadia" in the Northwest United States/Southwest Canada. There's been an Alaskan secessionist movement for years, and of course Texas threatens to secede every few months (or so it seems.) There's also the "Second Vermont Republic" movement. There are many secessionist movements in other countries as well. Some are serious, others just a statement.
Ah yes! Yes the Conch Republic! I remembered the "feds" showed up and well, not much was heard about it again - and (seriously) there were rumors of feds and secessionists going blue marlin fishing...

The article is a little misleading, it gives the impression that "states" are wanting to secede vs individual citizens signing a web-site petition (in which you can apparently sign multiple times and it doesn't check if you actually live in that state...there's some other "stuff" but I won't mention it).

I agree with an earlier post that it does send a message and most likely that's the intent as now the white house has to respond to it.

It's interesting, it reminds of a book on my reading list "If the South won the Civil War" - basically this alternate time line has The United States of America(the Union), the Confederate States of America, and of course the Republic of Texas. What's interesting is that it goes way beyond the issue of slavery but just how an "un-united America" would have affected outcomes in WW I/II, the mexican war, etc. etc.

Anyway, I would be interested to see if the WH responds to the petitions now that they have apparently surpassed the threshold 25000 sigs needed for a response.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
just how an "un-united America" would have affected outcomes in WW I/II, the mexican war, etc. etc.
that is an interesting concept...I have a few questions for you.

Do you think if World War III started today would the people in our country be united ?

Do you believe in this concept ? "United We Stand and Divided We Fall "

Old 11-13-2012, 05:43 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,556,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobears View Post
that is an interesting concept...I have a few questions for you.

Do you think if World War III started today would the people in our country be united ?

Do you believe in this concept ? "United We Stand and Divided We Fall "
Yes, to both

Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,984,573 times
This is one of the states that has already left the Union. So the idea isn't that strange. There are sound legal principles behind it where it was justified.

I still think nothing will come of it until the USA gets into such bad shape, due to the unsustainable spending by the federal government, that we face an economic crisis that no amount of money printing will fix. If you have paper assets in the system, you should be taking care to protect this wealth. They are coming for them one way or the other. They have no choice since the Chinese stopped loaning the USA money.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Yes, to both
you have good outlook and it will take you far in life
I hope you keep posting and letting people know what's up.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:15 AM

412 posts, read 686,024 times
I think they should secede...

to another country.

How ridiculous people are.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:27 AM

642 posts, read 1,172,608 times
Save your Confederate money boys. The South will rise again.

Jeez. Have these people never heard of democracy? You know, it is where you all vote and the guy who gets the most votes is elected. It is a very simple system. One person, one vote. Works well, I'm told.

If/when Puerto Rico becomes the 51st state certain parties had best become more ethnic friendly, I think.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMomDeb View Post
I think they should secede...

to another country.

How ridiculous people are.
No other country would have them - HA HA
you know I should not be laughing but I cant help it
but we do need to find away to get Americans on the same page.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krokus View Post
Save your Confederate money boys. The South will rise again.

Jeez. Have these people never heard of democracy? You know, it is where you all vote and the guy who gets the most votes is elected. It is a very simple system. One person, one vote. Works well, I'm told.

If/when Puerto Rico becomes the 51st state certain parties had best become more ethnic friendly, I think.
That's what happened, Obama won and now small percentage republicans want to secede,
No worries by the time they get enough signatures they'll have a republican back in office
then they will withdraw the petition .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte