Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 05:09 PM

27 posts, read 59,254 times

Advertisements

Do you miss NJ/NY pizza or is there good pizza in Charlotte area??
I mean is it true that only Nj/NY has good pizza or is this just abnoxious
northern people making assumptions??

How about bagels?? Do they have bagel shops?? Taylor ham and cheese on SUnday mornings???

What do they call subs?? Hoagies, grinders??? perhaps just a sandwich?

Do you notice more smokers in this area? I live in NJ and no one I know smokes, there is no smoking in restaurants... ( I love ) if you hate cigerette smoke is it more of an issue in NC?? Will my kids become smokers...and BREAK MY HEART??

Will my NY Giants loving son get beat up in the fifth grade??

My dd is a Jets fan so that is punishment enough!

Are people going to call me Yankee!
this is a funny true story...We were in Myrtle Beach. (my Mom lives there) We were trying to find a parking spot in Barefoot Landing and my Mom (I must admit NOT a great driver) Is smack in the middle of the lane and I guy rols down his window and yells "Go back to NY you Damn YAnkee" My 7 year old yells out the window..."She doesnt even play baseball" We laughed and laughed...My Mom has SC plates so I guess it was her bad driving that gave it away!

What do you miss most about up North?? What do you miss least?

I think I will miss my friends and my husbands family but will NOT miss 11k a year taxes for a bilevel built in 1972!

i MIGHT miss bagels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 05:14 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,522,604 times
Yes, you will get called a yankee. Might as well get your arms around it.

Old 11-24-2012, 05:59 PM

1,763 posts, read 3,294,313 times
Poppy's bagels on Providence road has NY style bagels. Subs are subs. Pro-football is not as big an issue here, so your son can root for whoever he wants and will just get some playful ribbing.
I don't think smoking is that prevalent though it may be different in rural areas. There is no smoking in restaurants in the city of Charlotte. The only people I know who smoke are from France.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Yes, you will get called a yankee. Might as well get your arms around it.
i've been called worse

Old 11-24-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-burgher View Post
Poppy's bagels on Providence road has NY style bagels. Subs are subs. Pro-football is not as big an issue here, so your son can root for whoever he wants and will just get some playful ribbing.
I don't think smoking is that prevalent though it may be different in rural areas. There is no smoking in restaurants in the city of Charlotte. The only people I know who smoke are from France.
so glad there is no smoking in restaurants in Charlotte...hip hip hooray..
How about the towns around the city of Charlotte??

Old 11-24-2012, 06:33 PM

1,763 posts, read 3,294,313 times
Correction: I just looked it up and in fact, the ban on smoking in restaurants is statewide! The law was passed in 2010. I'm happy about it myself.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:44 PM

28 posts, read 59,748 times
My sister & her family say they miss good beef the most. Apparently chicken and pork are plentiful, but beef that meets their Yankee standards is either unavailable or else prohibitively expensive for families. They bring a cooler and take back steaks whenever they are back in PA.

I haven't moved yet. My mother recently returned from a visit, and she says definitely saw less tattoos in Charlotte than up North.

Pizza, I don't worry about. It's not very difficult to make it at home if the restaurant stuff isn't to my liking.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S6947 View Post
My sister & her family say they miss good beef the most. Apparently chicken and pork are plentiful, but beef that meets their Yankee standards is either unavailable or else prohibitively expensive for families. They bring a cooler and take back steaks whenever they are back in PA.

I haven't moved yet. My mother recently returned from a visit, and she says definitely saw less tattoos in Charlotte than up North.

Pizza, I don't worry about. It's not very difficult to make it at home if the restaurant stuff isn't to my liking.
interesting, never thought of beef I wonder why???

Old 11-24-2012, 08:04 PM

441 posts, read 1,488,179 times
Quote:
Your not serious.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:47 PM

494 posts, read 850,150 times
Quote:

I'm not sure where they are doing grocery shopping, but there is good beef to be had in both Carolinas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte