Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 06:07 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazin Mets View Post
You better have a job b4 you leave L.I. The market is bad and only is going to get worse. Also, don't post how much you can afford, NC people love to hate you for this!!!
You sound very bitter

Hope you won't let your bad experiences keep you that way forever though, life is too short. Best of luck getting where you want to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 09:57 AM

34 posts, read 103,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNC View Post
Just a question - why are you excluding Gaston County? There are some really nice areas and good schools if you know where to look.
I am currently looking at Gastonia, Stanely,Belmont areas for a re-lo. What are some good schools in those areas since you mentioned it.

Thanks!

Old 10-19-2007, 10:05 AM

199 posts, read 958,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_Girl 69 View Post
I am currently looking at Gastonia, Stanely,Belmont areas for a re-lo. What are some good schools in those areas since you mentioned it.

Thanks!
For Belmont: Belmont Schools

Very good are:
Belmont Central Elementary School
Belmont Middle School

Old 10-20-2007, 05:40 PM

58 posts, read 221,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNC View Post
Just a question - why are you excluding Gaston County? There are some really nice areas and good schools if you know where to look.

Gaston county property taxes are to high! 1.36 per 100! Higher than Meck. County! And I never hear anything about the schools. I moved to Tega Cay. Fort Mill Schools are rated best and they just reduced the property taxes 40%. Plus the gas is lower too in SC.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:03 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,981,330 times
My in-laws are still in L.I. They are paying over $10,000 /yr in taxes for a bungalow. You will be surprized how low the taxes are here. Good luck to you guys.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:49 AM

221 posts, read 724,363 times
not to repeat a question that has already been asked but why is gaston county out of your search. I live in Belmont and go into Gastonia many times a week. The commute is easy and there are many wonderful places to live in Gaston or even the west side of charlotte. If you are looking for a planned community have you looked into the vineyards? It is on Lake Wylie and will have many ammenties.
I imagine living in NY you are used to lengthy commutes but Union county to Gaston seems quite long for a daily commute. If you visit again before you puchase a home drive from Union to Gastonia during the time of day that you typically would in order to get to work on time. I can assure you that 20 minutes from door to door is not an accurate timeframe.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:37 PM

5 posts, read 13,223 times
[quote=lovesMountains;1759763]You sound very bitter

Hope you won't let your bad experiences keep you that way forever though, life is too short. Best of luck getting where you want to be.[/QUOTE
is it tough to find a job in all fields of employment.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:56 AM

142 posts, read 608,321 times
drcharlotte

Ill be moving to Denver NC in a few months. Im building a house in Verdict Ridge. It's a beautiful golf community w/ houses priced from the 300's to over 1 million. There is a community pool and it's only a few miles from Lake Norman. I'm considering a job in Gastonia. I did the drive. Its almost a straight shot up/down 321, about 35 miles. It took me 40 minutes. Not much traffic at all. Pretty much back roads between Verdict Ridge and Hwy 321. The website for Verdict Ridge is
Verdict Ridge - Welcome to Verdict Ridge Country club

Old 11-29-2007, 04:53 AM

175 posts, read 464,333 times
Hi, I am interested in this same info, as we are looking to move from Australia. Are the schools really better in Union Co, and what are the complications of living Ft MIlls and say going to church in Charlotte?? Are their any barriers (i think Ft Mills is SC isnt it???? sorry for my ignorance - still learning).

Old 11-29-2007, 05:31 AM

125 posts, read 376,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffire View Post
Hi, I am interested in this same info, as we are looking to move from Australia. Are the schools really better in Union Co, and what are the complications of living Ft MIlls and say going to church in Charlotte?? Are their any barriers (i think Ft Mills is SC isnt it???? sorry for my ignorance - still learning).

ffire, Yes Fort Mill is in South Carolina. It is located in both York and Lancaster Counties that merge just in SC and beside where Mecklenburg and Union Counties merge in NC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte