Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 07:29 AM

36 posts, read 54,716 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
Just looking for info on the noise level from the speedway from areas like winding walk, moss creek, highland creek, wellington chase. Will be relocating & trying to decide if we should move to one of these areas or go more north to Huntersville, Cornelius or even Mooresville.
Also, are there any subdivisions where the houses aren't right on top of each other or have more backyard in the areas of concord that I mentioned? What about just a regular neighborhood that is not a "subdivision"?
Trying to make the "perfect" decision for my family (which of course doesn't exist, haha) so any feedback is appreciated. Hubby will be working in davidson.
Thanks for any help I can get!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 07:48 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,956,338 times
We own in Winding Walk and we can hear the faint sounds on race day. Keep in mind that there are only two races a year at LMS. We are living in Moss Creek at the moment and can not hear it at all.

There is a neighborhood off of 73 on Shiloh Church Road (if headed towards Huntersville turn right). I'm not sure of the name of it but they were building on some pretty big lots. That builder went out of business and Lennar came in. You might want to check it out. You can also check out The Farms another neighborhood down Shiloh Church. The address is Davidson though they just changed the school boundary for The Farms. The elementary is now Charles Boger instead of Odell.

Have you checked out Cannon Crossing?

What is your budget?

Old 02-27-2013, 07:53 AM

328 posts, read 615,954 times
For a few months I lived about as close to the speedway as it gets - right on Bruton Smith Blvd in an extended stay for work. Honestly, other than a couple of race weekends (one in May and another in October), you can't hear anything. The neighborhoods off of Weddington are very nice and I haven't heard of them complaining of noise either. The caveat is, you'll likely want to get out of town on those race weekends - it's not the noise that's the issue, but the incredible swell of people and traffic. Otherwise, it won't be a bother. Concord's a great spot!

Old 02-27-2013, 07:53 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,500,510 times
I'm in highland creek and although u can barely make out the noise, it's a non-issue. or at least where I am, anyways.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:00 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,968,976 times
I used to know someone lived in a neighborhood off Pitts School Rd. They said noise was quite bad there when races were going on.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:13 AM

36 posts, read 54,716 times
Budget max is $300k-according to me. If you ask my husband he will say $325k. Can you tell who the conservative one is?
Schools are definitely important to us, one in elementary and one going into middle school.
If anyone can help with the area where the builder went out of business off Shiloh church rd. that riley09swb was talking about please let me know as I am out of state and right now am researching from home until I get back to NC again.
Thank you! Please continue with your feedback!

Old 02-27-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
I used to know someone lived in a neighborhood off Pitts School Rd. They said noise was quite bad there when races were going on.
That's because they are really close to the track. The neighborhoods that the OP is talking about are on the other side of 85 and a few miles down.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4cs View Post
Budget max is $300k-according to me. If you ask my husband he will say $325k. Can you tell who the conservative one is?
Schools are definitely important to us, one in elementary and one going into middle school.
If anyone can help with the area where the builder went out of business off Shiloh church rd. that riley09swb was talking about please let me know as I am out of state and right now am researching from home until I get back to NC again.
This is the neighborhood:

Waterford Hall New Home Community - Davidson - Charlotte, North Carolina | Lennar Homes

Old 02-27-2013, 08:19 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
All together there is probably less than 48 hours of noise at ZMax or CMS in a year. It's a non issue.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4cs View Post
If schools are important then I would be careful when looking in Huntersville. Huntersville has some good elementary schools but the middle and especially one of the HS is not so good. Hough HS is the best in Huntersville so you would want to go with a neighborhood that feeds into there. Avoid North Meck as it's gone way down in reputation.

If you stay over in Cabarrus County you will be happy with the schools. Odell or Cox Mill ES, Harris Road MS and Cox Mill high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte