Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 08:56 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,968,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
I went up on my roof to remove the Dish Network satellite and installed a roof antenna. Problem is, there were 2 cables attached to the dish......
I don't have a recommendation for an antenna installer. However this might help.

The two connections going to the dish antenna are for two different receivers. If you had two receivers, then one cable will lead to one receiver's location, the other to the other receiver's location. Remove any Dish devices (typically look like a splitter) on these lines as they won't pass TV frequencies. You should be able to hook the antenna to one of these and it should work where ever the receiver was located. You could put a splitter on the antenna, and hook up both lines. However this might require a pre-amp depending upon the length of the cable.

If you had more than two Dish receivers, then the two cables would lead to a device that would look like a splitter and then cables from each,would go to each receiver. (Some older Dish 2 receiver setups used this device too.) Remove the "splitter looking device" and throw it away. Purchase a standard coax double sided connector and connect to the input cable and whatever cable leads to the room where a previous receiver was installed. If you want to connect all of these to your antenna, it's possible, but you might need a distribution amplifier.

I would try to get it to work with just one line, then take it from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 10:03 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,991,388 times
Thanks frewroad, I will give it a shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte