Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 07:22 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,326 times

Advertisements

I think he saved his job with those late wins.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:36 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
So... predictions on Rivera? Does he stay? I think he does...
I hope he stays. I think he has earned one more year. He is a class act as a person. This thread is about Cam though. I've met him now on numerous occasions and the kid is a pompous ass. I can't root for him. Great talent but got tons of issues.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:47 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
I hope he stays. I think he has earned one more year. He is a class act as a person. This thread is about Cam though. I've met him now on numerous occasions and the kid is a pompous ass. I can't root for him. Great talent but got tons of issues.
Well that sucks.... but honestly, I don't care if an athlete is an ass or an angel. Hopefully he matures but his job is to win games.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:25 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,342,588 times
Quote:
I would venture a guess that over 50% of professional athletes are "pompous asses." Bottom line is Cam is in the top half of QB's in the league with room to improve and there isn't anyone the Panthers can realistically get that is better so they'd be smart to stick with him.

As for Rivera, if I had to guess I would say he stays. They seem to be taking their sweet time finding a GM so by the time that happens they'd only be left with the leftovers from all the other teams anyway. Some would probably argue that was going to be the case either way but the Panthers job would probably be just as good as Buffalo/Cleveland/Arizona.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:14 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Someone made a good point this morning... Carolina kept Fox too long IMO and Fox held onto Delhomme too long...

All of a sudden Carolina fans want them to can Rivera and go out and start over because they aren't in the playoffs in their second year? Really? Whether people like it or not they are trending upward and they were a few plays from being a playoff team.

I think Rivera should get 1 more year and if they start out 1-4 they should fire is butt and try to save the season.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I would venture a guess that over 50% of professional athletes are "pompous asses." Bottom line is Cam is in the top half of QB's in the league with room to improve and there isn't anyone the Panthers can realistically get that is better so they'd be smart to stick with him.

As for Rivera, if I had to guess I would say he stays. They seem to be taking their sweet time finding a GM so by the time that happens they'd only be left with the leftovers from all the other teams anyway. Some would probably argue that was going to be the case either way but the Panthers job would probably be just as good as Buffalo/Cleveland/Arizona.
Most athletes I've dealt with have been nothing but class. I can count on one hand the number of jerks.

Richardson is making a mess of this Rivera thing. I want to be a fan of this franchise, but I just become more and more disillusioned with them. The decision to keep Rivera should have been made after the game on Sunday.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:41 PM

I think this is going a little far, but Warren Moon says he would take Cam over Luck, RGIII and Wilson...

Former NFL QB Warren Moon: “Its Exciting To See These Young Quaterbacks In The Playoffs” « CBS Charlotte

Old 01-04-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Most athletes I've dealt with have been nothing but class. I can count on one hand the number of jerks.

Richardson is making a mess of this Rivera thing. I want to be a fan of this franchise, but I just become more and more disillusioned with them. The decision to keep Rivera should have been made after the game on Sunday.
Huh? How many athletes have you "dealt with"? And don't say he didn't give you a free autograph or something

Old 01-04-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Huh? How many athletes have you "dealt with"? And don't say he didn't give you a free autograph or something
Oh somewhere over a hundred. I've never asked anyone for an autograph, and never will.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:13 PM

So how exactly have you "dealt with" them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte