Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 06:32 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,276,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Daaaaaang. They spanked SD.
Think about the 3-4 games that were pure melt downs at the end of game...TB, Seattle, Chicago, Atlanta....5-9 could've been 9-5...

Man, SD looked extremely ready for the off season, still the Panthers opened up a can of whip a$$.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:55 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,753 times
Wow! Where has this team been...

Hey Phils... Deangelo got his touches. It didn't look like what his numbers portray him as. I guess Rivera realized he needed his backs.

The sad thing is we are slipping on a good pick.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:02 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,895,215 times
It is great when we can play a team that screws up as bad as San Diego. It seemed to make DeAngelo looked as he did with Delomme back in the good ole days. I miss Delomme and it is unfortunate that he was canned after two bad seasons. He would often manage to pull off the miracle finish which brought us to the super bowl. When it looked as if we were going to lose, Delomme would throw that Hail Mary that would win the game. That is what is missing with Newton. The team spirit has been disturbed with Newton and the God complex he has due to the disturbing amount of praise he has been given. He is not a motivatior or a god. I hope they can pull together as a unit and gain back some respect. It was the other guys that won the game yesterday. A one man team can't win.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:26 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,339,296 times
Yeah, because Delhomme did so great after he left the Panthers. Oh wait...

Old 12-17-2012, 06:50 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bindibadji View Post
It is great when we can play a team that screws up as bad as San Diego. It seemed to make DeAngelo looked as he did with Delomme back in the good ole days. I miss Delomme and it is unfortunate that he was canned after two bad seasons. He would often manage to pull off the miracle finish which brought us to the super bowl. When it looked as if we were going to lose, Delomme would throw that Hail Mary that would win the game. That is what is missing with Newton. The team spirit has been disturbed with Newton and the God complex he has due to the disturbing amount of praise he has been given. He is not a motivatior or a god. I hope they can pull together as a unit and gain back some respect. It was the other guys that won the game yesterday. A one man team can't win.
The team spirit is disturbed by the evil spirit of Cam and his eye of Newt-on , oogedy, boogedy... whoooooooo, hooo hooo..

You miss Delomme so much you forgot how to spell his name correctly... Dulome had so many winning season's in a row... I think it was 3 or 4... oh wait, what??? they never had back to back winning season's with Deholmmie? Oh thy lying spirit has deceivith thine eye's.

Doth....

Old 12-17-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Yeah, because Delhomme did so great after he left the Panthers. Oh wait...
actually he did great after reaching the SB... lol. 1-7 to start the 2004 season... awesome.

in 2008 they were the #1 seed and he threw 5 INT's and lost a fumble vs the Cardinals AT HOME in 2008 and after signing the dumbest contract in history in that off season he rewarded the team by coming out and throwing 4 INT's and losing another fumble. Followed that stellar play up with 2 more game ending INT's and a passer rating of 54 with 2 TD's and 7 INT's...

He did reach a SB so that gives him a lifetime pass and means this Panther team should give up on Cam and find the next Delhomme.

The "Cam is evil" agenda is strong in a few and I think we all know why...

Old 12-17-2012, 07:37 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,463,022 times
Panthers did look good yesterday but man the Chargers might as well play scrubs the rest of the year so no one else gets hurt for the new coach/GM coming in. Having a lame duck at both those positions really has shown, unfortunate as I like the Chargers.

I didn't get to pay real close attention to the game yesterday as I was elbow deep into playing trains with my 5 year old, but how did DJ Campbell look at safety? Nakamura is a good special teams guy but he's def not a starting safety in this league IMO so hopefully DJ can get some run now and show what he's capable of, or not capable of, as we head into the off-season and the draft.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Wow! Where has this team been...

Hey Phils... Deangelo got his touches. It didn't look like what his numbers portray him as. I guess Rivera realized he needed his backs.

The sad thing is we are slipping on a good pick.
This team has been here all year... 4 to 5 plays were the difference in those early losses. It would be nice to see this team start out with a few bad teams to get momentum early on next year.

Kudos to Chud for giving the ball to the RB's... it makes a difference and Tolbert has the ability to wear down teams early with his style. The guy is a bruiser.

There isn't a real big difference between picking 6th or picking 10th...

losing out for a draft pick is what losers do... they need to win out and see who should stick or who should get cut. Not sure where they are slotted right now but it doesn't matter IMO. This team needs to build momentum and going 7-9 would be a step in the right direction.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:28 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,339,296 times
Aaaand Newton moves ahead of Andy Dalton for 13th in the NFL in QB rating. Fortunately for Dalton he has a better team around him.

Edit: Yes I know Dalton beat the Steelers yesterday and Dalton had to make one pass to set up the game-winning FG, but that's about all he did. Their only TD was of the defensive variety and on their only other scoring drive they had he completed one pass.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:11 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,895,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
The team spirit is disturbed by the evil spirit of Cam and his eye of Newt-on , oogedy, boogedy... whoooooooo, hooo hooo..

You miss Delomme so much you forgot how to spell his name correctly... Dulome had so many winning season's in a row... I think it was 3 or 4... oh wait, what??? they never had back to back winning season's with Deholmmie? Oh thy lying spirit has deceivith thine eye's.

Doth....
Who cares how a name is spelled? If you are going to be such stickler for grammar and/or spelling, put a comma after the word 'much,' and why the apostrophe in the word seasons? If you wi****h to wear the intellect hat, playith the role.

There is no need get crazy. I have as much right as anyone to voice my opinion as anyone. I think that Newton is an average quarterback and not comparable to Dehlomme during his good years. Again, my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte