Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 05:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,145 times

Advertisements

Ive lived in Charlotte fer about 13 years and id have 2 say tht tha main places yall prolli wont wanna go near is hidden valley,east side terrifs, most of the east side isnt to great but highest crime to murder rate is in hidden valley im right on ciderella lane in hv but as long as ur from around that area ur ok but id say nice home north and westside of the citiy and around there your fine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 05:31 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,132,698 times
simple, just stay away from the West and East sides. You are fine in the N,S,SW, and SE parts of Charlotte as well as the outskirts like Huntersville, Waxhaw, Indian Trail, Fort Mill, etc.

If you need more specific feedback than that, you need to be more specific in your query, such as your exact church location, price range and type of housing desired, activities your family enjoys, etc. Will you be working at the church? If not, where is your work?

Old 11-24-2009, 05:40 PM
am2

413 posts, read 856,070 times
Bad neighborhoods

- north tryon/hidden valley
- eastland/eastway rd corridor
- all of west charlotte
- Gastonia

Old 11-24-2009, 05:44 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
simple, just stay away from the West and East sides. You are fine in the N,S,SW, and SE parts of Charlotte as well as the outskirts like Huntersville, Waxhaw, Indian Trail, Fort Mill, etc.

If you need more specific feedback than that, you need to be more specific in your query, such as your exact church location, price range and type of housing desired, activities your family enjoys, etc. Will you be working at the church? If not, where is your work?

Nah, it isn't that simple..not all of the west side is bad. As well as there are areas that have been left out. IE: certain parts of uptown, some of the York Road area of SW Charlotte. And also not all of SE Charlotte is bad either. That is getting into the Mint Hill area.

But none the less, I agree that the OP get better feedback on church and work locations.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by am2 View Post
Bad neighborhoods

- north tryon/hidden valley
- eastland/eastway rd corridor
- all of west charlotte
- Gastonia

LOL, no Gastonia is not a bad area. Not near as bad as Charlotte.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:48 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,135,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **FREE.MY.LIL.BRO.DOVE** View Post
Ive lived in Charlotte fer about 13 years and id have 2 say tht tha main places yall prolli wont wanna go near is hidden valley,east side terrifs, most of the east side isnt to great but highest crime to murder rate is in hidden valley im right on ciderella lane in hv but as long as ur from around that area ur ok but id say nice home north and westside of the citiy and around there your fine
I am a native. The west side and north charlotte are not where you want to be. South .southeast and East (south of Independance on the Matthews side is much better. It also depends on what you want to spend. Even a "nice appartment" any place can be bad if the ones living beside,under and on top of you are loud and disrespectful. Craighead road is in North charlotte. Go check it out and see why north charlotte isnt that good. West side near the airport and going west towards Gastonia is the same. Charlotte is BIG. East side east of Independance is very heavy with illegal aliens.Wonder why eastland mall is deserted and also south blvd near tyvola is also infested with illegals. Of course lots of folks dont care about the immigration status of the people around them.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:53 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **FREE.MY.LIL.BRO.DOVE** View Post
what?

Old 11-24-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Nah, it isn't that simple..not all of the west side is bad. As well as there are areas that have been left out. IE: certain parts of uptown, some of the York Road area of SW Charlotte. And also not all of SE Charlotte is bad either. That is getting into the Mint Hill area.

But none the less, I agree that the OP get better feedback on church and work locations.
I said SE Charlotte was fine, and I disagree about the West side. I wouldn't feel comfortable there. What specific area on the West side would you live in?

Old 11-24-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
I said SE Charlotte was fine, and I disagree about the West side. I wouldn't feel comfortable there. What specific area on the West side would you live in?

I would not have a problem living in the Sam Wilson/Moores Chapel area. Nor would I have a problem with the Coulwood area. Mountain Island Lake borders West Charlotte and I wouldn't have a problem with that either. Those areas are fine.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:03 PM

Sam Wilson/Moores Chapel is rural, Coulwood is borderline sketchy, and Mountain Island Lake is NW Charlotte, not West. I guess I could be more specific and tell the OP to stay away from the regularly populated areas of West and East Charlotte. Maybe they'll reply and we can give them some better info instead of just arguing amongst ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte