Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 02:18 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,910,477 times

Advertisements

East Charlotte is mixed. If I were still living there and in the market for a house, I'd probably be looking somewhere off Kilborne.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 07:37 PM

107 posts, read 151,332 times
Sorry to get off topic but I am doing apartment research for my move back to charlotte. I like east charlotte but want to avoid the bad areas. Can anyone give some apartment advice? I wont be able to afford anything over 750.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:44 AM

1,508 posts, read 2,978,185 times
If it's just a studio-sized apartment for you, and you're willing to live in an old complex that isn't in the best of shape, there may still be some places under $800 in eastside (or north, or west Charlotte for that matter). Most of the people on this forum have education and high incomes, but they are not familiar with the prices of crude apartments that are not being advertised on the internet.

You have to do footwork. Talk with the manager's office, ask what might be coming up. Low priced apartments tend to disappear by word of mouth, or a sign on the side of the road.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:31 AM

137 posts, read 386,049 times
As I replied in your other post. Consider SW Charlotte, if your money isn't the best. Go to Sharon Lakes condos. X out East charlotte by all means necessary, if you want a decent quality of living, with working-class neighbors.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:29 AM

107 posts, read 151,332 times
Just checked them out online and it's not a bad looking place. Thank you.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:35 AM

238 posts, read 567,756 times
Quote:
It's the same ole mentality, any predominantly black or very mixed/diverse blue collar neighborhood and it's labeled "ghetto" by a segment of society who are just outright afraid of people living in these areas. It always amazes me how so little or slanted perception some people have about working class neighborhoods in general...just damn clueless.
It's predominantly black neighborhoods that have the highest level of crime. It's a sad fact, but true. Name me a predominantly black neighborhood that has a low crime rate, or lower than somewhere like Ballantyne? Black neighborhoods are typically unkept and riddled with crime. That's why people fear those areas.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:44 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCbound01 View Post
It's predominantly black neighborhoods that have the highest level of crime. It's a sad fact, but true. Name me a predominantly black neighborhood that has a low crime rate, or lower than somewhere like Ballantyne? Black neighborhoods are typically unkept and riddled with crime. That's why people fear those areas.
Somewhere like Ballantyne... lol. Any place that is predominantly black, white, hispanic that is low income has the SAME problems. I live in East Forest and my street is over 50% black and its a solid middle income neighborhood.

Please sit down and hush.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:53 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,956,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCbound01 View Post
It's by income of ANY race.........crime is income related not race related...

Old 12-27-2013, 06:13 PM

489 posts, read 910,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
It is "peoples" fault which of course can be traced back through years of societal injustices then blame them for being poor and desperate due to almost insurmountable environmental conditions that most people could never overcome...but thats another topic altogether. It's silly to think Blacks and Hispanics are preordained to be criminals and people give themselves a bit to much credit if given the same circumstances, they'd easily overcome the odds.

That aside, there are plenty of safe neighborhoods in East Charlotte and some tough neighborhoods...it's called a city, silly; and many city dwellers aren't afraid to live and interact within diverse environments like East Charlotte.
Some of what you say is true, but crime rates are still higher in predominately black in Hispanic neighborhoods, and a lot of East Charlotte is made up of such neighborhoods. That's a fact. Throwing out the word "racism" when people are stating obvious facts that can be easily be backed up with a 4 second google search is an unfair accusation to directed at people stating educated opinions.

And no one said blacks and Hispanics are preordained to be criminals. More accusations from you. People born into poverty may be preordained to be criminals. May not be. Everyone's different.

Not even sure why your last paragraph was directed at me. You're preaching to the choir, Big A.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:42 AM

1,763 posts, read 3,292,163 times
Lower income areas are more likely to have higher crime rates and blacks/hispanics are more likely to be low income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte