Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 02:37 PM

17 posts, read 23,581 times

Advertisements

This is the address for the Greyhound station

CHARLOTTE GREYHOUND STA
601 W TRADE ST
Charlotte, NC 28202

Here is some info I found on the internet that you might find useful.

Charlotte Homeless Shelters and Services - Charlotte NC Homeless Shelters - Charlotte North Carolina Homeless Shelters

This gives you a list of shelters. You might be able to call them and find out who is close to the bus station.

The link below maps shelters close to the bus station.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/h...ee3fc7dbe0f273

Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 05:53 AM

1,763 posts, read 3,291,861 times
Looks like the homeless shelters are crammed in Charlotte:
Charlotte City Council vote could add family shelter beds | CharlotteObserver.com

Old 04-27-2014, 01:26 PM

113 posts, read 144,979 times
Default Been there done that

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloeastcoast View Post
ya there seems to b a lot of shelters in around charlotte. with many good services. I wish I knew how close the greyhound was from the shelters? And does anyone know of a place where you can sleep in a shelter, and look for a job during the day? I have a good resume and have ten years experience in food and beverage. I mean I live in a house now in south buffalo, I fight with my girlfriend every other day. she really doesn't want me to go, but I know in the long run, I will have to pull the Band-Aid off eventually. And I hate buffalo, this winter sealed it for me.Lots of great ideas so far from everyone, and I have about two weeks to at least formulate a plan.I wish I could talk to a place or no a place that I could go right off the bus. Im trying to make this smooth and a positive experience.Anymore suggestions are researched and I look into.thanx rickydavisfan21 with your suggestions. I emailed the non-profit restaurant and told them my story.thankyou everyone.

You will do alright in Charlotte. I would look around South Charlotte / Pineville Matthews area. There are plenty of restaurants and bars that can use your experience. I also relocated from Buffalo (Lockport) area to Charlotte a couple of months ago. Last winter was enough for me. I also get your comment about "pulling the Band-Aid off eventually." I did the same thing recently with my ex. Being married to an older woman and an alcoholic will tear you down. You'll get back on your feet my man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte