Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2007, 07:06 PM

63 posts, read 432,072 times

Advertisements

I know were just past Christmas and not even up to New Years but I recently booked my trip to visit Charlotte (from NYC area) over Easter Weekend.
FYI- (Have relatives in nearby Greenville, SC).

We are not sure if we will be going to Greenville for Easter or if the folks will meet us in Charlotte.

I'm wondering if Easter weekend (Thurs-Sat leading up to Easter) will have the same type of vibrant nightlife in Uptown you may find any other weekend in Charlotte or if Charlotte will turn into a Ghost Town of sorts.

The same goes for Easter Day.....will places (tourist attactions, restaurants, etc..) that are normally open be closed? Does Carowinds open Easter weekend?

Any help is appreciated, I hope I didn't make a bad choice by trying to see the City over Easter weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 07:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,609,211 times
It not consider that big far as going to see family and going out of town easter weekend.
Hopefully the weather is warm (last year we had a frost) and people will be out and about enjoying the spring flowers.

Carowinds will open Easter weekend and run on a weekend schedule until Memorial Day.
http://www1.cedarfair.com/carowinds/...fm?item_id=654

Center City Green Market will be on Saturday for fresh produce and vegatables.

Nascar has race week a week long celebration the week before Memorial Day

March of Dimes has interior decorators to furnish and decorate a new house for their cause from early May to early June

Home Arama does a similar event

Derby Dase is when a group of 20 somethings and 30 soemthings gather on lawn by Mint Museum to watch Kwntucky Derby and hang out.

Spring time is an excellent time to be here.

Alot of events start popping around the area during this month and May for things to do.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 12-28-2007 at 08:12 PM..

Old 12-29-2007, 08:33 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,916,243 times
Easter is a great time to visit Charlotte. It is usually bright and warm at this time of year and the city is ablaze with flowers.

It is true that many restaurants will probably not be open, but I think remember some will be open. If you want to check this out, PM me and I'll call a few for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: