Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2014, 12:55 PM

2 posts, read 1,849 times

Advertisements

Hello

My husband and I are planning to rent out 1 bedroom apartment at post properties. We are in our late 20's and love to have friends around or go out partying on weekends. And during the week, we are mostly out at work during the day. I mostly prefer to walk to my work/college which is centrally located and also have to walk back late in the evening few days a week. Just giving you an idea of our lifestyle.

We have 2 options. One is at Post gateway apartment (new building) comes with a nice balcony and courtyard view. Other option is an apartment at Post uptown with courtyard view. However the apartment is located in such a place that there is very lil light coming in.

Post uptown plc is closer to everything in uptown where as gateway is couple of blocks away and area looks lil shady because of the bridge (train).
Apartment wise I prefer the Gateway plc and love the area where uptown apartment is located. So pretty confused what to opt for.

Can someone help me with my confusion and share your opinion or experiences (if any) about both the places please...It might help me decide.

Cheers,
Ash

Last edited by mailash; 10-26-2014 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: Added more info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 10:36 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailash View Post
Hello

My husband and I are planning to rent out 1 bedroom apartment at post properties. We are in our late 20's and love to have friends around or go out partying on weekends. And during the week, we are mostly out at work during the day. I mostly prefer to walk to my work/college which is centrally located and also have to walk back late in the evening few days a week. Just giving you an idea of our lifestyle.

We have 2 options. One is at Post gateway apartment (new building) comes with a nice balcony and courtyard view. Other option is an apartment at Post uptown with courtyard view. However the apartment is located in such a place that there is very lil light coming in.

Post uptown plc is closer to everything in uptown where as gateway is couple of blocks away and area looks lil shady because of the bridge (train).
Apartment wise I prefer the Gateway plc and love the area where uptown apartment is located. So pretty confused what to opt for.

Can someone help me with my confusion and share your opinion or experiences (if any) about both the places please...It might help me decide.

Cheers,
Ash
No personal experience, but I can tell you that Post Gateway has had a reputation for years now as a loud college party type complex. Many of the residents do attend the nearby colleges. Also, I'm not a fan of that edge of uptown - a little too rough in some places. I'd personally go with Post Uptown (closer to the grocery store and light rail too)

Old 10-27-2014, 11:00 AM

2 posts, read 1,849 times
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, we made a few friends at the corner pub located just below the Post uptown and couple of them recommended Post Uptown place. Also, walked around both Post uptown and post properties both during the day and later in the evening. Area around post uptown felt nicer and safer!.

We are leaning towards Post uptown

Thanks,
Ash

Old 10-27-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailash View Post
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, we made a few friends at the corner pub located just below the Post uptown and couple of them recommended Post Uptown place. Also, walked around both Post uptown and post properties both during the day and later in the evening. Area around post uptown felt nicer and safer!.

We are leaning towards Post uptown

Thanks,
Ash
Good choice! Enjoy your new life in Charlotte

Old 10-27-2014, 12:15 PM

363 posts, read 445,265 times
I live in Uptown at Trademark.. and I go to the Y at Gateway.. Id say go with uptown place. Gateway just gets sketchy at night. Across that bridge.. I made the mistake of going to that gas station once. Don't do it.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm51 View Post
I live in Uptown at Trademark.. and I go to the Y at Gateway.. Id say go with uptown place. Gateway just gets sketchy at night. Across that bridge.. I made the mistake of going to that gas station once. Don't do it.
Yep. Several students robbed every year near there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte